GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speaker wires ?

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Just got myself a Infinity BassLink T active sub for the stock stereo .. :headbang:

However, after gone tru the user manual of the BassLink, there are 2 way connect it to my head unit.

1. RCA - Which is harder... (have to buy a converter and open up the dash)

2. Spliced and connect into speaker wires (which i think is easier)

If i choose option 2, is there any way i can get access to the speaker wires without removing the dash + headunit and my door ?

Can anyone share their thought with me on this ?

Thanks in advance ! :drinking:

Cheers
Ron

gellor

I'm not up on the technicalities, but usually if you're wiring it inline, you'll peel the sub signal off of the rear door speakers. So you'd just have to tap into the wires in the back door, not the dash.

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
So I assume I need to take out the door panel ? I try to find a way to minimize the chances of take out the panel or dash. Coz i worried later on it will rattle like hell.

Thanks for your reply :)

Cheers
Ron

gti=sexy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
STI
sooo, im pretty sure you have the self powered sub, where its got a built in amp, right??
ok well best way to go about wiring it is to put in the converter thingy.
the stock stereo is actually really easy to remove.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693
i followed this and it took less than 15 mins to take completely out.
once in there you can see a pack of 8 wires together, those are the speaker wires. just make sure you use two with the same base color (1 green and 1 green with white stripe)

option 2 above wont sound right. it will work i think, but if u can use the converter.