GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, someone stole a piece of my rear bumper

Cloudlink04

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday as I was walking to my car I noticed that a piece of my rear bumper was missing. Its that little square looking part on the right side of the bumper. Im wondering if I could just buy this piece separately or will I have to get a entire rear bumper:frown:

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Tow hook cover... that is dirty man. I would assume you could purchase it separately. Then again maybe not and that is why someone stole yours? I wish you the best.

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
Would you not love to catch someone f***ing with your car.....it pisses me off when people mess with your car.....i have been lucky so far knock on wood.....

absence

___liminal
damn. thats low.

since you've had such a sh*te day, heres the part number:

1K6 807 441 B

Shood87

Ready to race!
Would you not love to catch someone f***ing with your car.....it pisses me off when people mess with your car.....i have been lucky so far knock on wood.....

yea i hate that shit, kinda like when i went to get in my car and i saw that someone keyed it!!!:mad0259::mad0259:

i would have loved to catch the mother ****er! :paddle::paddle:

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
Put the towhook in there, and forget the cover. Use some aggressive Loctite so your hook stays around...

Damn I'm gonna go out to the parking lot and check my car...all you poor bastards have me paranoid.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
that's why I decided to not put my tow hook in and just leave the plastic bit there instead, because I figured some idiots/tools would think they were being cool and just take it when really, all they're getting is something they can't really use. that is, unless they have an MKV GTI.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Thieves are the WORST scum on the planet IMO - I used to own a CBR600F2 and it got stolen from my apartment when i was in my mid 20's ... so because of that i set up a video camera shooting out my window at my jeep, i set it so motion would trigger it to record ....well after about 2 months of it sitting there recording pretty much nothing...my Jeep got broken into - they TORE my dash to shit and stole my head unit and Amp and woofers. I gave the tape to police and even though you could see the thieves at night no arrests were made, but to watch that tape and see what these guys do is disheartening and VIOLATING. It makes me so mad to think about it and i vowed that if i ever saw anyone doing anything to mess with someone else stuff I would intervine and probly kill em... lucky for thieves, I havent seen anyone pulling some shit....yet.

but i will..... im just waiting for payback.

Sorry to hear you got taken advantage of - its the worst feeling wether its an 8 dollar part or a 5,000 bike...still the same feeling.

JoeShmo

moved on.
Car(s)
09 335I / 07 GTI
It probably popped out.. I lost one in a deep puddle once, and I've seen friends pop out from wind getting up behind the bumper.. It happens. Everyone is so quick to assume it was taken.

gman32888

stick noobie
I thought I had my raybans stolen- I called the place I work to put my sunglasses somewhere safe. When I came back they were missing and it ended up that the kid I told to put them somewhere safe apparently forgot he put them somewhere safe. After 3 weeks they turned up rolled in a scarf under the front desk.

krische

vdubber in training
Thieves are the WORST scum on the planet IMO - I used to own a CBR600F2 and it got stolen from my apartment when i was in my mid 20's ... so because of that i set up a video camera shooting out my window at my jeep, i set it so motion would trigger it to record ....well after about 2 months of it sitting there recording pretty much nothing...my Jeep got broken into - they TORE my dash to shit and stole my head unit and Amp and woofers. I gave the tape to police and even though you could see the thieves at night no arrests were made, but to watch that tape and see what these guys do is disheartening and VIOLATING. It makes me so mad to think about it and i vowed that if i ever saw anyone doing anything to mess with someone else stuff I would intervine and probly kill em... lucky for thieves, I havent seen anyone pulling some shit....yet.

but i will..... im just waiting for payback.

Sorry to hear you got taken advantage of - its the worst feeling wether its an 8 dollar part or a 5,000 bike...still the same feeling.

reminds me of what I had to do at my apartment a couple summers ago. Had to setup a video camera pointed at my mailbox and catch the punk.

If you want to read the long story, How to Catch a Netflix Thief.

Long story short, he got fined and community service.

sorry for the off topic post.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Maybe just fell off?? Why would somebody want to steal an 8$ part that might cause some problems?