GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I put together a chip FAQ

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
Anyone with a stage one APR having fuel cuts?? I had two already. The car also doesnt feel chipped anymore. I checked the DV and PCV.... All looks good...... anybody else having this problem?? What could it be??

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Could be a bad HPFP or cam lobe wear. Or maybe it's the older beta file? That usually only happened with Stg 2 beta though.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
I've experienced like 1 fuel cut on a basic Stage 2 APR, I don't think you should be getting "fuel cuts" on a Stage 1 APR File.

I just have: Intake, Downpipe, DV, PCV, Boost Gauge.

I don't think Stage 1 should be hitting Fuel Cuts? somebody correct me if i'm wrong though.

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
I dont have any CELs. I hear the turbo kicking in but the car aint movin like it did the first day i had it chipped. Kinda sounds like theres air coming out from somewhere too. I really wish i knew someone with VAGCOM in the area..... Virginia sucks...... Its really been buggin the crap outta me, I've been in a turbo drought for a month now and driving a MK5 without turbo.... might as well drive a KIA...... aint no fun. :(

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Do you have a boost gauge? You're not boosting at all? Fuel cuts only last like 30 seconds or so; not all the time.

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
I dont have a gauge yet. I feel some boost. But the car feels stock. I had it chipped stage 1 APR a little over a month ago. The turbo and BRV and Intake all sound and look fine. Just dont feel the quick pick up anymore

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Anyone with a stage one APR having fuel cuts?? I had two already. The car also doesnt feel chipped anymore. I checked the DV and PCV.... All looks good...... anybody else having this problem?? What could it be??

Scan your car for codes, it may not be a fuel cut. If it is, you'll want to have your car checked out for hardware issues. Usually it's related to the high pressure fueling system or the low pressure fueling system.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I have had APR stage 1 for almost a year and have never had any fuel cuts.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
I asked this on the 'Tex in the 2.5l ECU thread, but does the left-foot braking available with the 2.0T FSI chip?

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
#1. Ok well I just checked almost every hose in the car and everything seems locked up tight. So the only thing to check now is my head.... cuz that must be where the problem is. Maybe the fuel cuts have me psyched out. But I just got a boost gauge so Im about to put that in so I dont have to play the guessing game anymore. Depending on what the boost gauge says, then as my last resort I'll be forced to find someone with VAGCOM. So I guess my question now is how much boost/psi/hp shud a stage 1 APR chipped MKV be putting out??

#2. Assuming that the car is fine and this is all in my head, none of that explains why I had two fuel cuts at stage 1....... I know I didnt imagine that. Am I the only one thats happened to at stage 1? Cuz its gonna be a looooooong while till I can get my $$$ right to get that APR fuel pump :(

danny gti

hey guys.....i wanan get GIAC installed on my golf gti...firstly is there diff stages on giac flash tune and secondly would it make a difference if i installed my catback or tbe first then the giac flash? would there be a more power increase then just stock giac flash without exhaust change?

boki

Ready to race!
You should be getting more power with tbe and flash (that would be Stage 2 with APR/REVO) but I'm not sure how the GIAC is doing it (one tune fits all?). Definitely put the tbe on and then get the tune though...good luck with the mods :thumbsup:

Schrodinger's Car

Collapsed waveform
hey look, I used the search function first!

fresh GTI n00b here with a question:

I've got a stock 06 DSG GTI that I got used a little over a month ago. I'm no racer but I do love having the nice "punch" of a speedy car in my everyday driving. But from a stop/low speed - whenever I give the throttle even a moderately heavy push the wheels start spinning and the ESP light flashes and I have to ease off. I don't know offhand what tires I've got but I can find out (I've actually just switched to my winter wheels, which just makes things worse).

So question:

- I imagine upping the torque will only make my wheels spin more - is a stage one flash at all worthwhile for someone without expensive slicks? I don't have the budget for fancy tires. I do most of my driving stop and go in the city or weaving around on the freeway. I like me some nice "pushed to your seat" acceleration, but I don't like speeding tickets or deadly crashes. You probably won't catch me going over 100... but I do sometimes wish for more punch in low-mid speed acceleration. Is a stage one flash a waste of money for someone like me?

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Thanks for searching. For your traction problem, try a little throttle control, you don't have to go wide open to get the car to move, and as you can see if you're spinning you're not going anywhere fast. Ease into it as agressively as you can while keeping the desired amount of traction. No matter how much torque you're making you have to be able to control your right foot.

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
hey look, I used the search function first!

fresh GTI n00b here with a question:

I've got a stock 06 DSG GTI that I got used a little over a month ago. I'm no racer but I do love having the nice "punch" of a speedy car in my everyday driving. But from a stop/low speed - whenever I give the throttle even a moderately heavy push the wheels start spinning and the ESP light flashes and I have to ease off. I don't know offhand what tires I've got but I can find out (I've actually just switched to my winter wheels, which just makes things worse).

So question:

- I imagine upping the torque will only make my wheels spin more - is a stage one flash at all worthwhile for someone without expensive slicks? I don't have the budget for fancy tires. I do most of my driving stop and go in the city or weaving around on the freeway. I like me some nice "pushed to your seat" acceleration, but I don't like speeding tickets or deadly crashes. You probably won't catch me going over 100... but I do sometimes wish for more punch in low-mid speed acceleration. Is a stage one flash a waste of money for someone like me?

Sounds like stage I would be exactly what youre looking for. These cars are at there best in the mid range with torque. And stage one will make it even better of course. Its like night and day difference. If youre not going to be on the track racing, get some daily tires that have comfort and performance combined. The wheel spin is inevitable because of all the torque these cars have.