GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, here is a simple DIY for those who's tires only rub a little bit

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Well I don't mind the stretch at all...I kinda like it. I'm just leery about giving up the added width even though it's a miniscule amount. Color me irrational I guess.

I guess I'll just deal with it, hopefully it's not too bad.

Yeah, i don't like going any more narrow with tyres and dont want a smaller foot print. I'll see how it goes this week as i got 18x8 ET45 on with 225 rubber, havent noticed any scrubbing yet since doing the screw mod but haven't hit any hard corners. I still have to fold the plastic up as its sitting in the same place at the moment.

the solution may be just going a touch higher but depends how often it rubs.. I'm not going to worry about it if it's just now and then.

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
How bad is your rubbage? You're 18x8et45 right? Now I'm worried...I've got 18x8.5et40 and I'm going to be using Vogtland 50mm springs....hopefully it doesn't rub too bad...

sorry... late reply... um yeah i rub on hard turns and like big dips...? i wouldnt call them dips but like a minor change in elevation i guess. ionno its not like how a dip goes like \/ its more like small dip... sorry im kinda tired work is killing me and i dunno how to talk right now... um yeah im going to roll my fenders, get fks, stretch my tires, and get maybe 10mm spacers ill prolly go with 8mm tho :D hahaha you aint dubbin if you aint rubbin right?:thumbsup:

dropped dub

Passed Driver's Ed
this thread is worth a bump! thanks to the OP, v useful..

one question: can't you just ditch the plastic arch liner all together?

kold_gti

Car(s)
09 BMP GTI
bump because this is quite informative

amouse

Passed Driver's Ed
bumpers, i think i should try this =D

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
subscribed..

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
any chance any of you guys/op, know the person on vortex from this link you provided?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2514372 as the images need to be updated.. i realy want to se what he did to the rear.. thanks for some great links tho..

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
any chance any of you guys/op, know the person on vortex from this link you provided?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2514372 as the images need to be updated.. i realy want to se what he did to the rear.. thanks for some great links tho..

I agree.

This was a great write up! Thanks for posting! Hopefully this makes it drivable until I get to a fender roller! I just put on 19x8.5 et32 all around with 235/35 tires on a 2" drop. Wish me luck!

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
I just tried this mod today. I'm running HPA SHS coils and 19X8.5" Oettinger REs. 50ET. I was running a lot before I did this mod. Moderate cornering. Uneven roads. That's when I was alone. Put two grown men in the car and it was brutal. I have to say after doing this mod, almost all rubbing has been elimiated except under very aggressive cornering.

Here's a few shots of the car so you have an idea of my ride height.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Just did it today and have a quick question. Once I tucked it, the hole from the screw lines up perfetly with the metal tab, should I cover it with somthing so water or other crap dont spray in?

mk5_92

Passed Driver's Ed
I just tried this mod today. I'm running HPA SHS coils and 19X8.5" Oettinger REs. 50ET. I was running a lot before I did this mod. Moderate cornering. Uneven roads. That's when I was alone. Put two grown men in the car and it was brutal. I have to say after doing this mod, almost all rubbing has been elimiated except under very aggressive cornering.

Here's a few shots of the car so you have an idea of my ride height.

Your stance.... Its perfectt! :wub: rolled rear fenders? What kinda tyres did you run?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Your stance.... Its perfectt! :wub: rolled rear fenders? What kinda tyres did you run?

You can't roll the rear fenders on our cars, only the front. And they don't look pulled, so I'm guessing he's on sport springs or maybe H&R's super sport springs which is about a 2" drop on 06-07 and 1.3" drop on 08+'s because they have the lower Euro springs from the factory. Tires, he's probably running 225/35/19's or 235/35/19's.