GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sister had my car for awhile.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
if its the greasy look ur talking about then it will prob go away in a few days... I accidentally bought the "wet look" leather cleaner and my seats were disgusting looking for a few days then it went away

Last edited:

evileli

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys. Thats what other people have been telling me is use a wet cloth with warm water. To tomorrow after work will be hell. I'll be spending about 5 hours of a full detail on my car.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
All I have used so far is a microfiber cloth and water.

As for getting rid of the wet look, microfiber cloth will work wonders w/ water thoes things suck up oily crap like you woudln't believe. Just make sure you wash it after you are done.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
whats the best protectant for leather n e ways? I of course just want it to protect without knowing its there..

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
My 91 Legend had leather, and I actually used the same leather conditioner that my gf got for our leather couch. It worked sooo well, the seats wern't in that great of condition, I had the car for 3 years and the seats were pretty much in the same condition when I sold it as when I bought the car.

Wiely

Banned
Make sure you throw that microfiber in the washing machine...
if the water didnt take it all off, or made it just smudgy and uneven go buy a gallon of some citrus degreaser, just to take the armorall off dilute the citrus atleast 10:1 with water. citrus is the shit for minor and even serious interior cleanings. Its not abrasive, doesnt smell like deg. , and wont fade anything out or strip off dies.
If you really want a good leather conditioner youve got to go the professional route, anything you buy at autozone is going to be on the shitty side. Go to your local detail supply shop. :thumbsup: