GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Single annoying rattle

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
My car's pretty much rattle-free except for this one and the one in the sun glasses holder which I don't mind at all.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have this other rattle I have because it's pretty annoying, it sounds like a spring of some kind is loose somewhere (the sound is the same as if you lightly blow on a whistle at a very fast rate) behind my driver seat, but I've checked just about everything, removed the hatch cover, knocked on every piece of trim I could see and couldn't find where the noise is coming from, it's there all the time even the slightest bump will set it off and it's very annoying. I would take it to the dealer if all else fails but it's the best if I can just pinpoint and fix it myself.

Anybody else got this rattle?

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
KharatosGTI said:
My car's pretty much rattle-free except for this one and the one in the sun glasses holder which I don't mind at all.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have this other rattle I have because it's pretty annoying, it sounds like a spring of some kind is loose somewhere (the sound is the same as if you lightly blow on a whistle at a very fast rate) behind my driver seat, but I've checked just about everything, removed the hatch cover, knocked on every piece of trim I could see and couldn't find where the noise is coming from, it's there all the time even the slightest bump will set it off and it's very annoying. I would take it to the dealer if all else fails but it's the best if I can just pinpoint and fix it myself.

Anybody else got this rattle?

maybe it's in the seat?

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Found source of the rattle but not the cause yet, it's the passenger seat. The gf likes to keep the seat half way up, if I lower it to the bottom then the noise goes away. I visually checked underneath the seat but couldn't make out anything. Apparently something must be coming loose when the seat height is raised, anybody got a guess what it could be and what I should be looking at?

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
There ya go , if ya woulda listened to yer fast, she would have been standing in the driveway watching you drive away, and never jazzed up that seat..

Its kinda hard to hear the ENGINE with all that yacking!!!!!

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
tydale3 said:
There ya go , if ya woulda listened to yer fast, she would have been standing in the driveway watching you drive away, and never jazzed up that seat..

Its kinda hard to hear the ENGINE with all that yacking!!!!!

LOL, okay I need some serious advice as well.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Only two I have as well... the sunglasses holder rattle and one that sounds as if it is coming from my backseat. Did same thing... pushed on every thing I could to recreate the noise and nothing. Not sure if it is somewhere else in the car and is projecting, but driving me up a wall. I read a post somewhere else that squeaks were coming from the place that you adjust the height of the seatbelts. Tried that and no luck on this end. Had one right after getting the car but fixed it in my backseat because there is no padding underneath the 'oh shit' handles and they were hitting with each bump and rattling. Hope maybe some of these things will help to fix your rattle? Still looking for mine.

nicolaisnicer

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same rattle from the glass holder. Pushing up the assembly seemed to have taken care of it for now. I hope it doesn't come back...

Good luck

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I just smacked my eyeglass holder and it quit. Mine did it when I shut the door (340 miles on it). Now I have my first fat guy seat fart/squeak type sound. I noticed in when I took off kind of quick or when I turn around to buckle my son in. I believe it's the seatbelt metal tube rubbing the lower seat plastic bezel. Thinking I'll put something between those two.