GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

shop scratched all my rims installing tires

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
definitely go back there and make them do what's right.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Wow that's really unacceptable. We mount tires all the time and we never have any issues like this. Granted, wheels will eventually get small scratches along the lip from mounting and dismounting tires over time but it looks like the person that mounted your tires really didn't know what they were doing.

AJBvDUB

Ready to race!
I would raise hell, you might have to go further up than just a manager/owner depending on how they help you. * Writing letters always works.. for me atleast

DanoftheDead

ಠ_ಠ
Car(s)
2008 GLI
Saw the same thing happen to my buddies Works wheels. At least you have the manager admitting fault. If things get worse you are in better position for legal action then of they denied everything right off the bat. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

BeatItHelmet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 GTI
Wow that's crazy. I'm a service manager at a small dealership, I would absolutely be buying you new wheels. Totally unacceptable. With most newer alloys you have to use a plastic "duck-bill" ( the tool that follows the outer edge of the wheel to put on/ take off the tire) on the tire machine. They clearly did not. Prolly don't even have one.

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
Hey OP sorry to break it to you but these wheels cannot be POLISHED or BUFFED out with those scratches. Just like NolteAudio said,these wheels are laser etched, not polished. That is what gives them the reflective gloss.

You need to demand more than just buffing them out as they are in the wrong here and screwed up more than just one wheel.

As BeatItHelmet said above, he is a service manager for a dealership, whether small or large, and even he would replace them.

I have a set of RS4 reps on my GTI and had them custom painted before I had the tires put on. I went to a reputable shop that I have gone to for many years and even they couldn't guarantee that the tire would not damage the paint/clear coat. But I went ahead and he did a fabulous job. Sorry to hear bout this. Shops like this need to pay for the damage so that they learn what NOT to do next time.