GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS4 vs RS6 fuel injectors for big turbo 2.0T fsi

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
I am getting frustrated here....i do not know what to buy....i am gathering the parts for gt3076r turbo kit for my GTI but i hear different answers when i ask about fueling issues....my goal is 500hp engine(want more if possible:wink::wink: ) . Some say go for the RS4 injectors. others say in US they kinda talk big about the numbers(no offense ppl love your work) go for the RS6 injectors cause the RS4 will end @ 430hp.... I am so confused....maybe they are desperate or something... Here in greece we got an Audi TTs that got with a GT3076R (without a USP rear pump) 400whp and they said that the KMD injectors run out of fuel. I really do not know what to do.... The RS6 is V10 right? so can a little 2.0L t fsi engine go for the RS6 injectors will they fit?? both engines are FSI... pfff

share your thoughts....

Last edited:

FalmouthMK5

Ready to race!
It depends on what software you are looking to run. For instance Revo is tuning both of their upsized turbos (KO4 and GT3071R) for use with RS4 injectors .... others are doing different things.

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
It depends on what software you are looking to run. For instance Revo is tuning both of their upsized turbos (KO4 and GT3071R) for use with RS4 injectors .... others are doing different things.

other things like?
dude i said 500hp.... the software will be aggresive. so the thing is if the RS4 injectors are capable of holding that hp and if not do the RS6 injectors FIT and funcition in a 2.0lt FSI

FalmouthMK5

Ready to race!
I get that, but some companies are only (at the moment) offering tuning solutions for certain injectors .... unless you want to do a custom tune.

I beleive JC is making 510whp with RS4's and water/meth ...

This Vortex thread has a good ramble about injectors in the second page..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4091803&page=1

Last edited:

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
I get that, but some companies are only (at the moment) offering tuning solutions for certain injectors .... unless you want to do a custom tune.

I beleive JC is making 510whp with RS4's and water/meth ...

This Vortex thread has a good ramble about injectors in the second page..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4091803&page=1

the thing is that i dont want to run water/meth in my car.....so JC has about 435-450whp w/o water/meth...
looked at the vortex topic.... they mentioned smthing about rs6 injectors but not much.... thnx for the help thow...

FalmouthMK5

Ready to race!
the thing is that i dont want to run water/meth in my car.....so JC has about 435-450whp w/o water/meth...
looked at the vortex topic.... they mentioned smthing about rs6 injectors but not much.... thnx for the help thow...

I'd shoot Unitronics an email ... they may be able to better help you out with a tuning solution for a larger injector ... I'd say check their website, but it doesnt look like its been updated in a LONG time.

I'd actually be pretty interested to see what they say.

Flared

Ready to race!
What makes anyone believe the RS6 injectors flow more than the RS4s? Or even S3 injectors, for that matter?

RS6 V10 TFSI = 580-hp

580 ÷ 10 cylinders = 58-hp/cyl

S3 I4 TFSI = 265-hp

265 ÷ 4 cylinders = 66-hp/cyl

IOW, the RS6 injectors require less flow than the S3 injectors. Even the Veyron 's injectors are only responsible for approx 63-hp/cyl.

The RS4 injectors are designed for a normally aspirated environment and therefore have different spray patterns and pressure requirements, and this is the reason they flow more than any of the TFSI injectors.

joey26lil

Ready to race!
you cant really go wrong with bigger injectors so instead of the injectors going static with the smaller RS4, why not just get the bigger RS6 injectors to begin with?

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
you cant really go wrong with bigger injectors so instead of the injectors going static with the smaller RS4, why not just get the bigger RS6 injectors to begin with?

meaning?
that the rs6 injectors will fit in an 2.0 tfsi engine? and will give more power? i believe that the spray patterns are different. the rs4 injectors spray more in high revs than the S3...

Last edited:

Flared

Ready to race!

Again, how has it been determined the RS6 injectors are "bigger"? Have I missed something?

And as for fitting, all VWAG FSI injectors are physically pretty much the same.

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
Again, how has it been determined the RS6 injectors are "bigger"? Have I missed something?

And as for fitting, all VWAG FSI injectors are physically pretty much the same.

ok if not bigger.. then different spray pattern... what abou it ? any knowloedge on that?

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5

Flared

Ready to race!
ok if not bigger.. then different spray pattern... what abou it ? any knowloedge on that?

Refer to my first post in this thread and you can see there is no reason to expect the RS6 injectors to flow more than the S3 injectors (even less, perhaps) since the RS6 application does not require them to do so.

AFAIK, though volume may differ, most of the TFSI injectors use an almost identical spray pattern.

Numb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk5
Refer to my first post in this thread and you can see there is no reason to expect the RS6 injectors to flow more than the S3 injectors (even less, perhaps) since the RS6 application does not require them to do so.

AFAIK, though volume may differ, most of the TFSI injectors use an almost identical spray pattern.

i do not want to be an ass :wink::wink: but i think that the S3 injectors are maxed out with a k04.
do we know for sure that the RS4 FI are maxed out at 430hp using a gt3076r?