GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RGB Ambient Lighting (hopes/dreams)... pre-facelift Mk7

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Here's just a simple video with the new menu enabled in pre-facelift MK7 which required coding change that I've mentioned some time ago in older post:

Since I've retrofitted some cup holder lights the other day, I'm also investigating how the Background Lighting menu works, how to adjust it and customize it with additional lights. Will dump my config file soon and try to modify it to add cog/sun for the cup holder.
We already know how this works 😁 ... https://www.drive2.ru/l/600455120752220083/
And how to add additional lights (graphics and controls) by modifying .gca file and images in the MIB... https://www.drive2.ru/l/596309137281783715/

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Anyone see the ambient seat belt buckles? Just ordered one on a whim
Had not seen them, did not need to see them... ordered :cautious:

Looks like it has 2 more wires than the normal buckle so simple white light...
Does it go off once you click the seat belt? Not that this is that important, since these aren't your eye-line

A few wiring options I suppose...
- Wire it to x58d, so brightness is in step with all the background (non-ambient) lighting (probably my choice)
- Wire it to the 12V and Ground of Non-RGB footwell lights, then on/off/brightness would match the footwells
- Wire it to the 12V and Ground of RGB footwells... but then these will be on full bright all the time

Fronts... https://www.drive2.ru/l/594532326491304703/
Rears... https://www.drive2.ru/l/598220363368770966/

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Dammit, i didnt realize the rears had lights too.

Im hoping my front hodge podge seats wont this from working

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Your seats have a lot more going on than mine. Assuming the four wires... We should just need to add two for the light.

I suppose these are going to have a different connector than our existing two pin. So it's just a matter of choosing the source for the light and then deciding how "properly" you want to do it.

I already have the three wires going to the RGB light under the seat. And right now it's not using a disconnect. This would now be five wires not using a disconnect which feels like too many. None of this is heavy duty stuff so a cheap connector from Amazon would work. Or I keep with what I've been doing and use the same connectors I use on planes at work 😂.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Your seats have a lot more going on than mine. Assuming the four wires... We should just need to add two for the light.

I suppose these are going to have a different connector than our existing two pin. So it's just a matter of choosing the source for the light and then deciding how "properly" you want to do it.

I already have the three wires going to the RGB light under the seat. And right now it's not using a disconnect. This would now be five wires not using a disconnect which feels like too many. None of this is heavy duty stuff so a cheap connector from Amazon would work. Or I keep with what I've been doing and use the same connectors I use on planes at work 😂.
Im worried about the mounting. My seats arent GTI seats. I think they are from a CC. The buckle mounting is different. Im going to have to bend a 90 degree angle in the buckle to mount it, im a little hesitant about that. Ive been looking for seat bases or cheap seats from a golf but i cannot find anything.

You should look into getting another GTI seat connector. The connector mount on the body has space for 2 connectors, only uses one. I might just hook it up to 12v from the rgb. the lights look pretty dim in the videos ive seen

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh, I didn't know your seats were from a different car, haha. Mine are from a GTD and I actually switched the bases from my Golf seats onto them. I don't remember what the difference was but there was something that made it easier to keep my original bases in the car. The bases from the GTD seats are attached to my original golf seats, in storage.

Seat belt attach points were the same. I ended up using the buckles that came with my Golf also. They had a subtle curve to them that kept them from rubbing against the center console while the GTD buckles seem to just be a straight piece of metal, If that makes sense.

But regarding the two connectors, only one was used from factory as you know. But the other is now used for my heat. I bought the kufatec heated seat harness. This was before I knew about Ali or really considered that I could just build my own harnesses. Anyway, that harness terminated with a seat connector, car side.

GTD seats, being full manual like GTI plaids, only had one so you can actor and it was for the heating pads. It matched right up to the kufatec harness, and filled that second spot. This wasn't planned, I got lucky, but I didn't have to modify the wiring in my car at all when I switched the seats. But it does mean I have a ton of open spaces in that connector, just have to look up the pins if I want to use them.

As I'm typing this thinking about the 12-volt from RGB, we don't want to go there. That 12 volt is on the battery terminal not ignition.

yox

Car(s)
GOLMK7.5 1.5 TSI Evo
Hi there...
I don't know if this is the right thread, if not please move it.

Well, after reading the topic, I decided to run RGB ambient for now on MIB STD2 DELPHI in my son's car MK7.5 1.5 TSI 2019. After coding in BCM, I started playing with MIB :) and so:

1. when using standard golf coding I got this result:
golf-ori.png
golf-gca.png

2. 2. I decided to replace the 1.gca file (the car is RHD) from the passat folder and got this:
As you can see, new "sun" appeared, the RGB backlight disappeared.

passat-ori.png

passat-gca.png

3. After a few experiments, including changing the "coordinates" of "sun" and "lights", the backlight was still not there
So I decided to move the "light" sections from the ori golf file 1.gca to the 1.gca passat and got this:

passat-mod.png
passat-mod-gca.png

As you can see. some "light/feathure" in the passat 1.gca file is causing the problem.
In 1.gca, (golf) 0400 (four) features 02. 03, 04, 05 are defined, while in 1.gca passat there is and 0700 (seven) 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06... so some 00, 01, or 06 causes the problem with RGB display (I didn't have time to check it)

My question is how to add missing RGB graphics for doors, handles and front dasch panel. Also the "sun" of the central console is not displayed but this may be the fault of the adaptation in BCM :)

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I really need to ditch my delphi nav unit dont i. Seems you can edit alot more on the discover whatever they are. The ones that can load the mib toolkit

yox

Car(s)
GOLMK7.5 1.5 TSI Evo
@Cuzoe ... I've never used it and don't intend to use it 😂

I really need to ditch my delphi nav unit dont i. Seems you can edit alot more on the discover whatever they are. The ones that can load the mib toolkit
... ... what problem use d-link ?

Last edited:

yox

Car(s)
GOLMK7.5 1.5 TSI Evo
No problem with ODIS-E just don't make me go through an OBD11 log 🤣.
Please here is my admap, keep in mind that at the moment no rgb leds are installed :) also channel:
[VO]_ambient_lighting_lin_slaves_modules is set to "not installed"
because it shows me an error in bcm when active :)

after downloading please change the file extension from .txt to .html

Attachments

• Admap-09(html).txt
    620 KB · Views: 58

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
@Cuzoe ... I've never used it and don't intend to use it 😂

... ... what problem use d-link ?
none of the the mibtoolbox scripts work with my nav unit.

Was thinking about getting a mib2.5

yox

Car(s)
GOLMK7.5 1.5 TSI Evo
none of the the mibtoolbox scripts work with my nav unit.
mibtoolbox for Delphi doesn't exist but you can always use d-link and telnet and do everything "manually"
or write a script yourself

...but I don't think that's the topic of this thread :)