GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revspeed super battle 2011

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
There were 2 MKV's at the Revspeed super blah blah 2011 today.

Telaio, this pic is for you. Stop bitching and DOO EEETTTT

And the APR Japan demo car. I gotta give it to APR they had the highest flowery vinyl:lap time ratio of the day.

I took a video of the Hasimoto car but it's pretty unimpressive so I didn't even bother to upload. Maybe they'll post in car video that's more exciting.

GodSquadMandrake

Sorry for the lack of more MKV content, but the MKV's just didn't make as impressive of a show. It should be noted however that they WERE there and there were no MKIV's hehehe. This event came down to pretty much Skyline GTR's, RX7's, S2000's and 2 MKV's. So feel good GolfMKV, feel VERY good. This should give you a hint as to the potential of this MKV platform. There is a very good reason that the MKVI chassis was not present today even though it's been out for years now. They are choosing the MKV because it has potential, even if it is only miniscule potential it's enough. Yes there was a Corvette there but it seemed more like a rich man's perversion than a competition anyway.

GodSquadMandrake

I was there that time too, but I had no idea what was happening. I see:

ゴルフカプ

And I think this is coffee or something. I can't understand katakana.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I like that Reiger lip. I think the Mk5 has a bit of potential, note those cars aren't dumped to the ground.

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Is the front air dam (splitter) of the first car the VWRacing one ? Seibon hood look quite like VWmotorsport/Bildon. Don't know the weight though !

GodSquadMandrake

Yeah fuscobal they were quite unforthcoming with information, actually they were very unfriendly altogether. The tension was pretty thick in the air. Even for Tsukuba, everybody was unusually competitive this time. This was an all Japan meeting, we even had guys coming from Sendai. They worked all year for this one goal and they've had to withstand all the disasters this year, so understandably they were extremely serious about the day. The driving was amazing though, I thought for sure someone would crash because they usually do even on dry days. But it was wet and you could see the cars twitching through the final corner even going over bumps with 20kg/mm springs and they kept it on the track.

Hashimoto doesn't even have any information on their website! Daigo seems to know something about it though. He said this car has a K04 and Quiafe LSD.

About the hoods, the Hasimoto car had the reverse vented hood, but no hood latches/pins. That means they have a webbing underneath and it's using the stock latch. So it's probably a fairly heavy piece. But the reverse vents should really help with the cooling and aerodynamics.
The APR car was using hood latches for some reason even though the hood looks stock.

The Hashimoto car still has a full interior in the front, but I couldn't get a look at the back. The APR car looked pretty stripped like a race car, of course that is APR's style.

If you didn't notice, there are 3 AN lines hidden behind the grill on the Hashimoto car. I'd really like to know what those are for. Normally this section would be for the intercooler, but I don't see the intercooler. I can see an aluminum radiator behind the A/C condensor. It's kind of a mystery.

About the brakes, I couldn't see where the ducts come out at. The rotors they have on those wheels are so massive that there is barely an inch between the barrel of the wheel and the rotor. The calipers were Glide or something, a brand I'd never heard of. Again a mystery...

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
The Seibon hood weighs about 11kg (14-15 for Oem) and that's why they don't need pins. The vwracing one is 4kg and needs pins ! I'm also in the search for a lightweight hood (4-7kg) with vents like those. I suppose there's no risk with the water pourring on the manifold !?

GodSquadMandrake

Judging by the condition of most MR2 engine bays I have seen, water can cause a little surface rust on steel fittings and fasteners and cause corrosion on aluminum bits. But it appears to be mostly cosmetic damage.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
good stuff, was the Hashimoto car a DSG or manual? I have a Setrab oil cooler mounted in the same place. It looks like there are 2 small coolers, so I was thinking the other is most likely a DSG cooler, if not maybe an extra auxiliary radiator?

When it starts warming up again (Spring) I have DSG cooler planned.

Good point bostonaudi about the ride height.

GodSquadMandrake

Hashimoto was a manual transmission. The DSG cooler would make more sense though, maybe I am mistaken. Are you running a thermostat on that Setrab oil cooler?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Yeah, I have the mocal sandwich with the water/oil exchanger decoupled: