GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Representing Michigan!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
FYI - I called Steves European Auto and they told me around $550 for carb cleaning (assuming that's what wrong). I already like them better than the stealership. I'll probably drop it off there overnight in the next week or two and hopefully they can diagnose.

I'm too much of a chicken to do the carb cleaning myself. I'll fuck it up somehow.

If you do go thru Steve's....check out their little monthly mail flyer...they usually have coupons in there to save some extra money

ehancock

Ready to race!
Coils going on wife's car on Saturday, 3SDM 005s shortly after that! Next Thursday k04 and clutch for me. Gonna be a good spring.

Anyone else have any big plans?

ehancock

Ready to race!
Ended up going with h&r ultra lows cause she got a really good deal on them. And everyone says they ride so well.

I'm having Hstuning do my install. Everyone seems to be going with them lately and they do a great job. They're also the most inexpensive even if I do drive to Ohio. I'm just going to rent a car and drive into Cleveland for the day since they're so close.

ehancock

Ready to race!
I went with the revised southbend stage 2 daily kit. A ton of people have installed them recently and love it. I'll have to double check but labor I think it's a little over $600. Last time I had a clutch done I paid almost that for labor alone so I don't feel as bad having them do the k04 too.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Turns out it's a massive pain in the ass to do suspension without strut spreader but I managed. Need to do height adjustment tomorrow though. Would have been like a 2 hour install from wheels up to wheels wheels down if I didn't have issues with that. Bummer

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
Turns out it's a massive pain in the ass to do suspension without strut spreader but I managed. Need to do height adjustment tomorrow though. Would have been like a 2 hour install from wheels up to wheels wheels down if I didn't have issues with that. Bummer

Best ten bucks I spent a long time ago for that spreader.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Anyone have a stock downpipe laying around?

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I need to get my timing done. I was thinking of going to Steve's European. I just got a quote from them for $1026.00 for timing belt, upper/lower rollers, tensioner, acc belt, and water pump.

Anyone know of any other place. Also, how's this price? This is the first quote I got since I don't trust many places around here and I don't want to take my car to a stealership.

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Also, I already have a timing kit from ECS, but they won't use it since they warranty their work for 2 years/24,000 miles. I may need to sell the kit if I take my car to some place that can't use it. Anyone want the kit, let me know.

And I know it would be infinitely cheaper to do it myself, but I don't have the know-how or time, and I wouldn't really trust myself to do it right. I can do a lot of other stuff, but timing? No thanks. :-/