GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remapping D.I.Y

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone remapped there MKV themselves using software sold on ebay?

If so what software/files have been used.
What hardware

and finally a D.I.Y step by step.

I am wanting to get this done and have been told its possible but just need to here it from somebody who has successfully done it on the same car as mine.

Nikerey

Darkness
steve-d said:
Has anyone remapped there MKV themselves using software sold on ebay?

If so what software/files have been used.
What hardware

and finally a D.I.Y step by step.

I am wanting to get this done and have been told its possible but just need to here it from somebody who has successfully done it on the same car as mine.

They sell software to remap ECUs on ebay? :iono: I dont know if id trust that.

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Remapped as in tuning the car yourself? if thats a yes and you not sure on what to do already you prob should leave it for the pros like APR and other companies. Specially remapping the ecu. now if your going standalone and know how to tune that well go for it. but from what ive read and know vw ecus are very picky and if you mess something up on the remap your motor could blow.

if you mean remap as in VAG-COM stuff like making your key put your windows down or up and other simple features you can add or take away http://www.ross-tech.com/ is the place for that.

hope that helps :iono:

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Supratgti said:
Remapped as in tuning the car yourself? if thats a yes and you not sure on what to do already you prob should leave it for the pros like APR and other companies. Specially remapping the ecu. now if your going standalone and know how to tune that well go for it. but from what ive read and know vw ecus are very picky and if you mess something up on the remap your motor could blow.

if you mean remap as in VAG-COM stuff like making your key put your windows down or up and other simple features you can add or take away http://www.ross-tech.com/ is the place for that.

hope that helps :iono:

Thanks for that, yes i was looking at that but i was also intrested in remapping the actual car, I have been told that if explained it can be done but like I said I want to confirm that.

Nikerey

Darkness
steve-d said:
Yeah, I've seen that, and thats why I want to find out if it has been used and the actual one which will work.

you have any links to the ebay auctions of what your wanting to buy?

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
even if it did work, if it was that easy there would be more chips....i would leave it to the pros. i dont wanna mess w/ something like that IMO

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
If you are actually going to do this, I'd advice on getting a second ECU to do it on. Also, keep us posted of your progress!

Supratgti

GTI Sold
steve-d said:

theres alot more than just that stuff... you need a dyno and also a wideband a/f meter for starts than you have to know how to read everything right or things are going to go very wrong... this is why you see companies like apr and others take months to make sure their tunes your correct and work right before they release it to the public. anyway if you decide to do that goodluck and make sure you learn everything you need to know before you even start to tune.

DubaiJohn

Go Kart Champion
I'm with Supra on this, guys like APR etc take months and months to get this stuff correct and to a level that is sustainable for your engine.

Also for the price he is asking you could nearly get a reputable APR upgrade.

My advice forget about it, waaaayyyy too risky.

steve-d

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, I will knock that idea on the head.

What is the score with this Vag-com, what sort of features are you able to do and is this worth buying?