GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommendations Thread

markzed

Wife loves the R36
Nope... no idea where that dealer is... I presume you just waited there while the car's being serviced then?

How's the quality of customer service AND work being done there?

I think that would be McGrath Volkswagen (Cnr Hume Highway & Boundary Road, Liverpool).
Service department is adjacent to the Holden service department. Spare parts is about 2km away (Cnr Helles Avenue & Moorebank Avenue, Moorebank)

I haven't had anything except 15000km service there so I can't speak for them yet.

Jig

Flow Motion
Where is TCCA going?? sad to see them go.

TCCA is still around but is operating at Cortese Prestige Premises at 22 Hotham Pde. Michelle, Milan's wife is the only one looking after TCCA now and leverages Cortese mechanics. Brought my R to TCCA on Friday to get it aligned. Job well done as always. Milan is now doing Landscaping so he is completely off car business.

Jig

Flow Motion
Oh free recommendation for http://utool.com.au. If you are a tradie sign up and see great jobs for you on this website. If you are a customer sign up and post your job renovation requirements as well. My longest girl friend owns this business so plugging it for her as one dear friend would do for another.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
TCCA is still around but is operating at Cortese Prestige Premises at 22 Hotham Pde. Michelle, Milan's wife is the only one looking after TCCA now and leverages Cortese mechanics. Brought my R to TCCA on Friday to get it aligned. Job well done as always. Milan is now doing Landscaping so he is completely off car business.

Do you know if they still do DSG oil changes?
Are they the same mechanics different shop name?

Jig

Flow Motion
Hi Funny, I don't know to be honest. Ben is o longer with them so the mechanics are definitely Cortese's.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Can someone recommend a wheel repair place in Sydney that'll resurface a machine finished alloy, and potentially also do some powercoating?

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Just wanted to post an update in here regarding companies for powder coating and refinishing machine faced wheels.

I've dropped of my wheels this morning to Virgin Wheels over in Kings Park. Derek @ EA put me on to them.

Virgin Wheels
11/ 20 Valediction Rd, Kings Park, NSW 2148
(02) 9679 9999

Will do a thread showing the finished product later in the week.

Also, for those in western sydney who just want powder coating, I came across a very helpful and informative guy called Chris @ Craved Coatings. Does really nice work, and can do colours and finishes that most places wouldn't. Might have them do my down pipe in the coming months.

Chris Thomson
Mobile: 0404 760 314
Unit 71, 37-47 Borec Rd, Penrith NSW 2750
http://www.cravedcoatings.com/

comfortline

Ready to race!
Just thought I'd plug these guys. They're in St Kilda and I'm in Adelaide.

People in Adelaide only understand the word Holden. Thats why we whine so much. So when you say I'd like an M14 Xzn triple square they look at you funny. A bit like how centrelink looks at everyone.

These guys stock teng tools (who have the xzn bits) and so when I asked they updated their online website.

So my M14 cost me 22 bucks +9 postage.

And now I can do my brakes.

http://www.autopartshop.com.au/1-2-dve-spline-bits.html

Me!

a happy man...
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi
I must have missed the thread... any pics? and how much did the job cost ya?

Just wanted to post an update in here regarding companies for powder coating and refinishing machine faced wheels.

I've dropped of my wheels this morning to Virgin Wheels over in Kings Park. Derek @ EA put me on to them.

Virgin Wheels
11/ 20 Valediction Rd, Kings Park, NSW 2148
(02) 9679 9999

Will do a thread showing the finished product later in the week.

Also, for those in western sydney who just want powder coating, I came across a very helpful and informative guy called Chris @ Craved Coatings. Does really nice work, and can do colours and finishes that most places wouldn't. Might have them do my down pipe in the coming months.

Chris Thomson
Mobile: 0404 760 314
Unit 71, 37-47 Borec Rd, Penrith NSW 2750
http://www.cravedcoatings.com/

Me!

a happy man...
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi
Looking for a place to do my 30,000kms service... I realise TCCA is highly recommended but recently bought over - is this still the place to go to?

I dont mind making the drive as long as they dont charge an arm and a leg and still provide quality service.

Any suggestions?

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
Looking for a place to do my 30,000kms service... I realise TCCA is highly recommended but recently bought over - is this still the place to go to?

I dont mind making the drive as long as they dont charge an arm and a leg and still provide quality service.

Any suggestions?

TCCA is still open for business as far as i know, but have moved into the premises across the road from the original workshop. don't know who the mechanic is now.

Me!

a happy man...
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi
TCCA is still open for business as far as i know, but have moved into the premises across the road from the original workshop. don't know who the mechanic is now.

Thanks...

Anyone else have personal experience with the new TCCA then?

I got quoted about $300-$350 for 30,000kms change... And I asked how much could I get off if i were to do the engine oil and filter change myself.. still waiting for a reply.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
What do forum members do when their car's hit or passed through its middle age?

My TDI's getting the 105k timing belt and oil change but it's apparently also due for an aircon regas & carbon filters service. It's 3yrs old.

The car needs new pads and machined rotors but I'm considering an upgrade rather than replacement, if it works out.

Who does this for you? Im in northern Sydney but open to recommendations.