GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear lights stopped working

Mlochab

Ready to race!
hey

did you end up finding out what happen after. did u find the problem
cause i have the same problem but with also no sunroof or the front wiper blade
but when i remove the A connector from the j519 module i get a little bit of power to the light but very dim but other then that nothing its wierd and the gas tank lid wouldnt open so i had to do the same thing use a long needle nose plier and push it to release it

hah, i got a call from the dealer they fixed the rear lights and gas cap, but the sunroof and wipers stopped working, but they said they know the culprit for that and the car should be ready tomorrow, i can ask them what exactly needed to be done and post it here

Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Please do, I bet you any money it's something to do with the can-bus controller(s).

Mlochab

Ready to race!
im in university till later today and i have not spoken to them as yet, but last i heard they said it should be done by the evening,

Last edited:

Mlochab

Ready to race!
so the problem is not yet fixed again as something came up.

they have replaced all the wiring , and put new modules at the rear

but they say they need to get a J519 module installed, as that has shorted out, and in result the car wont start.

apparently on top of the other problems, this part has had problems on allot of other cars this guy has worked on, he pulled it out of his car and put it in my car and my car started right up, when he puts my old one it, doesnt start

suthan

okai soo i managed to fix everything the wiper the light and the gas tank lid it happend to be the ground in the back right side there is 2 ground bolted it came loose dont be fooled by ur test lights get a 10 mm socket and tighten those bolts better to take out that black plasstic thats around the bolt and tighten it and use some lock thread so it dont come back out again due to vibration i guess but anyhow now the car dont start cause someone else worked on this car b4 me i guess they shorted the j519 modual by probing around and now i have no communication so i jumped it to start the car at the starter relay and now im waiting for the j519 modual the customer said he is gonna get me a new one cause he has a buddy at the dealer or something but i need one fav from you guys if anyone has the coding for the 2007 manual gti 2.0 for the j519 casue the person who worked on it b4 didnt save the original coding b4 he played around with it so when i put the new one i would need the coding if anyone can scan theres and send me one the long code would be nice thanx guys

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
okai soo i managed to fix everything the wiper the light and the gas tank lid it happend to be the ground in the back right side ...
So the ones I conjectured (and pictured) above? or somewhere else?

...but i need one fav from you guys if anyone has the coding for the 2007 manual gti 2.0 for the j519 casue the person who worked on it b4 didnt save the original coding b4 he played around with it so when i put the new one i would need the coding if anyone can scan theres and send me one the long code would be nice thanx guys
Original J519 coding on a 2006 6 spd if you don't find any help ...

TPMS and potentially headlight washer coding would vary. :iono:

suthan

oh yea the pics u put up b4 those ground pics
take out the black plastic and tighten the bolt and also chek ur number plate light connectors if anything wrong there also and thanx for the code ill put it in and chek it out dose this one has a sunroof?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
So the ones I conjectured (and pictured) above? or somewhere else?

Original J519 coding on a 2006 6 spd if you don't find any help ...

TPMS and potentially headlight washer coding would vary. :iono:

oh yea the pics u put up b4 those ground pics
take out the black plastic and tighten the bolt and also chek ur number plate light connectors if anything wrong there also and thanx for the code ill put it in and chek it out dose this one has a sunroof?
Yes, it has 2006 model year option package 2, which includes sunroof.
But the sunroof control is not in J519, sunroof control is in J393.

suthan

oh okai thats wierd the sunroof dosent work lol
and neither the car dosent want to start it sais no communication with j519 :s code 00457

suthan

so i got the new module i put that in the car starts fine but now just the back lights wont work everything else works so i figured it had to be something to do with coding cause when i put the old one on the lights works. sovi went to change the coding in conv elect mod but it sais the long helper code like the ecu dose not support it or something...
what could that mean