GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rapid Parts in Monsey, NY??

mkny

Ready to race!
Has anyone had any work done at Rapid Parts in Monsey, NY. I'm ready to pull the trigger on the APR Stg 1 and I was wondering if they were a reputable shop? There's a couple APR Dealers in my area but this one is the closest. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Steve516

Ready to race!
When I had my Mk3 VR6 Jetta they did some work for me and I bought some parts from them. Nice bunch of guys at the time, good service, fair prices. Have not been there for a long time... There is a shop in Elmsford now, haven't tried it yet though.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Steer clear of this place, it's no good period.

When I picked up my GTI in January 2010 I had them do my APR Stage 2 install and full exhaust a few months later. The ECU flash was fine but it took them 2 days to install my exhaust!!

They claimed they had trouble with the install, which was extremely straight forward and the exhaust came with plenty of documentation.

I picked it up the following morning and there were rattles and I popped my o2 sensor right off... the car sounded like a tractor. It was a disaster... once I got those things taken care of I brought my car to Tyrol Sport in Queens and they told me I had multiple exhaust leaks due to it being installed poorly. Everything is fine now because I never brought my car there ever again. The people that run the place aren't bad but they just don't know what they're doing and the shop is a straight up dump.

I really believe they are not worthy of being an APR dealer.

Last month I took my car to Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah, NJ for an install and they did a phenomenal job. They are also an APR dealer and are located about 10-15 minutes from Rapid. Ryan and Danek and real nice guys and are super accommodating... they treat your car like it's their own. They specialize in Audi and Volkswagen, I highly recommend them.

Emil

Medussa

Ready to race!
Witch one is the shop in elmsford? Is it the Lars vw something like that??
I was thinking about rapid but you all just change my mind

allset

Go Kart Champion
Witch one is the shop in elmsford? Is it the Lars vw something like that??
I was thinking about rapid but you all just change my mind

its Lash VW in white plains. Bought my gti there and had it flashed stage 1. Hard to tell the about the apr stuff, the tech who did my flash seemed knowledgeable but
the place is like a year old so everyone is real new. Im not sure where to get my DP and stage 2 done b/c its more involved obviously than a stage 1 job so im not sure such a new place is up to it

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Eurotech Motorsports is an APR dealer as well. APR is better quality tune than REVO IMO.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
got mine done at lash vw as well. people who work there are friendly but kinda clueless about apr stuff. the tech was really nice and knowledgeable though. he has an r32 and seems really interested in mods. spent 20 minutes shooting the shit and teaching me how to operate the software.

i called rapid, but they seemed a little unfriendly over the phone. on top of that they charged labor for the install while lash did not. and they are only open m-f.

mkny

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the info. That's interesting that Lash doesn't charge for labor.
With APR's sale going on that means it would be $599 out the door. That's a hell of a deal!

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the info. That's interesting that Lash doesn't charge for labor.
With APR's sale going on that means it would be $599 out the door. That's a hell of a deal!

they do charge tax and some random charge for 12 dollars i think. still beats paying another 90 on top of that for labor.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Because Rapid is a joke, if APR saw the condition of that place they'd easily remove their association with them.

Eurotech only charges half hour labor for the flash which was like 40 bucks.

If your in North Jersey it's much easier to go there than drive up to White Plains.

http://eurotechms.com/

zdravo

Ready to race!
Because Rapid is a joke, if APR saw the condition of that place they'd easily remove their association with them.

Eurotech only charges half hour labor for the flash which was like 40 bucks.

If your in North Jersey it's much easier to go there than drive up to White Plains.

http://eurotechms.com/

$40? Eurotech gave me a higher quote than that for service charge.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
My ECU didn't have to be pulled out, I was only charged half hour labor to update my APR software to the newest version.