GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit to Gti Front conversion DIY (w/ pics)

Before

I really dig the badgeless Rabbit grill :thumbsup:

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Done! THanks for the write-up.

Was alot more cutting than i thought, and i had to take my impact foam out for it to fit.

first day i put it on, and got a warning for no front plate :(

Peter1039

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, sorry for commenting on such an old thread but I just have one quick question. In steps 9 and 10 are you cutting stuff on your car or on the new bumper?

antics

sorry for the noob question, but is there anywhere in specific you guys are shopping for to buy the gti bumper? how much do they typically cost?

E-man

8====D
Car(s)
07 .:Rabbit
ecstuning.com or find someone on the classifieds thats willing to sell/trade their bumper

there are many other places to get bumpers just look around on google and local shops

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
sorry for the noob question, but is there anywhere in specific you guys are shopping for to buy the gti bumper? how much do they typically cost?

there's few people that sale the bumpers painted and with most of the grills for $400.00+shipping on ebay.

scionstu

just to bring an old thread back to life, I just completed my front end swap this morning and thanks to this thread it was the easiest hour of modding i've done yet. Thanks for the cracking thread.

Tdoug60

Ready to race!
Maybe I can get some help.
So I swap 2 weeks ago mkv rabbit for the jetta.
I can't get the left front end to sit flush.

The right side sits fine. Me and the guy swap just the foam because he said it has been trimmed.
Any suggestions ?

clutch

bringing it back again! So the guy I got my gti bumper from already has the rabbit bumper swapped onto his car He said it just bolted on with no modification. He said it was because it is a late 09 that he has and that something is different about it . I also have an 09 and was wondering if it will just bolt onto my car or if the rabbit bumpers just always play nice with the gti. Any help would be great!