GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit H&R Clarification

slapey

Hello all. I want to start by saying I did a search and could not find the exact answer I am looking for. If it has been already answered, I apologize. Now, on to the question...

I am trying to figure out if H&R springs (whether it be sport or race) will lower the Rabbit the same amount as the GTI. Everywhere I look, people are talking about the GTI and not so much the Rabbit. Basically, I am trying to figure out which to buy and just trying to get some numbers first. Thanks.

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
I have H&R Race on my Rabbit. I can't tell if it's lower than a lowered GTI, but it completely got rid of the wheel gap in the front and lowered the rear to about a 1 finger gap (on stock 16s)

Metafor

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I have the H&R sports and it lowered my 07 Rabbit quite nicely..And I have the stock 15's, but plan on getting 17s which would will look even nicer..:biggrin:
BEFORE

AFTER

and like I said these are the stock 15s..So with the 17s it will look much nicer..And handling is alot nicer..Stiff, but ot too stiff..All i need now is my rear sway..

slapey

I have the H&R sports and it lowered my 07 Rabbit quite nicely..And I have the stock 15's, but plan on getting 17s which would will look even nicer..:biggrin:
BEFORE

AFTER

and like I said these are the stock 15s..So with the 17s it will look much nicer..And handling is alot nicer..Stiff, but ot too stiff..All i need now is my rear sway..

Thanks for the photos and the help. I have the same exact thing right now, except mine is a 4 door. I like the way the Rabbit sits on the sports. I have made up my mind. Thanks again!

Metafor

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
No problem..i went with the sports also cause i didnt want to have to get new struts..Plus once I get my 17s, and my springs have settled more it will look even better...

Metafor

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Well I dont know how long it will take appoximately to settle..I've only had them on for 2 weeks nows..I'm sure it might take a lil longer..i know that I can barely fir to fingers in the front wheel well, and 3 in the back..I'll try to take some better pics today in the sun...

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
Not trying to jack the thread but I was wondering if you guys new if there would be any problems putting the GTI's stock 17's on the rabbit. I don't see why it would be a problem, but ya never know