GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R Suspension lowering issues???

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Ok....got my Neuspeed spring install, aligned and all seemed fine....didn't hardly drive the car due to rain(it was clean and in the garage) and holiday.....sits nice....just right...ride is little harsher than the 06 GLI was but tolerable.
Now, it has a popping sounds in the front end like the upper strut bearings are shot. I took it back to the dealer to check on. Mechanic said it happens on beachside cars with sand....but since I had change the springs, it wouldn't be warranty. The car has 4,000 miles on it and prob less than 200 since they changed the springs.

I've had 9 of similar VW's-all lowered exactly same way and never had an issue like this.

Suggestions on fixes? Should I replace the bearings...will be expensive disassembling again plus parts. Anyone know of a shop in Central Florida area that can fix it?

blur32

Ready to race!
Common fault, known issue. I have lowered mine using H&R springs and the sound is certainly louder than pre lowering.

There are a couple of threads on the vwwatercooled.org site that go into the rpoblem in more depth and also include service bulletin numbers from VAG