GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

quick and easy pcv check?

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
I'm about 80% sure my pcv is shot. I know that you should not be able to blow through it in theory. But into which spot is this test best performed? I do have oil from the cap, but.I don't have oil in the pipe connecting the intake manifold to the pcv cluster.

for the stock pcv, i believe the check is to take off oil cap and disconnect the hose that attaches to the intake manifold at the manifold and blow into the hose.

that and idling the car and removing cap. shitty idle = ok, no change = bad

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
for the stock pcv, i believe the check is to take off oil cap and disconnect the hose that attaches to the intake manifold at the manifold and blow into the hose.

that and idling the car and removing cap. shitty idle = ok, no change = bad

Yeah, I did the first one. Was able to blow in with almost no resistance.

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
well i just did the oil cap test. car ran like pure shit with the cap off.

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
^^ :laughabove:

i could be mixed up for that part. actually, it would make more sense if it was the other way around.

Yeah, I do see exactly what you mean. If the pcv was working, you wouldn't have the pressure buffeting back and forth due to the check valve. Oh well, my Bsh revamp should be here tomorrow. I guess we will see then. Hope it.works, I have a lot of oil to clean up.

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
well install was a pure PITA. But all is well now.

if you dont mind me asking, how was the install a PITA? right most hose have a tough time coming off? drop a screw for the intake mani blockoff cap? thats what happened for me to make the install a PITA

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
Direction say to take off the top three clips of the right hose and DO NOT BREAK THE CLIP!.

I broke the clip:frown:

Then an hour trying to get the right hose into the new block. Ended up having to give in, and took the high pressure sensor off the HPFP. Other than that it was fine.
But I now have a true tuner car..... I have a zip tie holding the clip on there. Luckily, it is such a tight fit, Im sure its not going anywhere.

blaid

Going Straight Stage2+
Car(s)
06 GTI
So is this agreed, that if you take the oil cap off while running, the idle should be bad....and if the idle doesnt change, then there is a pcv leak?

Thanks

TooPoor

Passed Driver's Ed
From what I've read the install should be quite quick and easy. Other than not breaking the clip, do you guys have any other install suggestions? I'm putting on my BSH block off kit this weekend.

UG_GTI

VW Doktor
So is this agreed, that if you take the oil cap off while running, the idle should be bad....and if the idle doesnt change, then there is a pcv leak?

Thanks

Taking off the oil cap while idling should cause the engine to run like shit, but just because it does run like shit does not mean the pcv valve is ok. The best check is remove airbox and pull hose off of manifold that goes to pcv and try to blow through the valve. You should NOT be able to blow through the valve.