GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

One week and 1200 miles to report on the GTI

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
The new comuter is working out prety good.
last two tanks of mixed city and highway yeilded 26.5 and 28 MPG.
Now i think its propably more since it was calculated with the way off Speedo.

That brings me to the few problems for the first dealer visit.

The radio has issues. The Volume goes up and down and is not related to the speed sensitivity. FM reception comes and goes. the Sat section just decides to loose all the presets for no reason about every other day. I can set all the presets then switch to radio and back to sat and they all return to the default.

I have the Dreaded deep dash rattle at idle. Propably the fuel line problem.

My speedo is 5 mph off at 65, 10 at 80 and about 12 at 100mph.
I see lots of talk about how all cars are like that. well my 2000 Dodge dakota,
04 Neon SXT and Bike are all DEAD ON! and i have verified that with the same GPS i use in the GTI.

Besides for thet i LOVE the car. The problems are just small anoyances i could live with but hopefully the dealer will fix them.

Thanks
Lane

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Keep us upto speed on what they do. Good luck!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
hey fastlane, glad you love the car.. as im sure all owners do :wink:

i share the speedo problem, but none others..

i hope all your problems get solved, like Wild Hare said, please keep us updated on the progress

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
No probs with my radio i love it. Dont have sat thou. Heard the ratteling fuel line once since ive had it. Just over 1000 miles today. Got a jump on a cobra svt at a stoplight and he never got within a car length of me . Got my fast in the mail today. LIFE IS GOOD!!! Im sure your dealer will take care of the minor details. The radio might be a problem thou. Hope it works out.

i asked the dealer when i picked up my car about the rattling under the dash when idling and he took me to the main mechanic and he said it was normal. it's kinda annoying having a noise like that in a brand new car. anyone heard of any fixes for it?

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
When it says 65... are you at 60 or 70?
If it is 60, then that would be kind of a safety feature!

hahah

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
I'll keep everyone up to date. I pile up the milage and expect to put over 40k on it the first year. The rattle i'm having cant be normal. its not a quiet barley noticable type of rattle. Its the drive you nuts kind and i have to turn up the radio to cover it. When i'm sitting in trafic its real anoying!. I'll see what the dealer has to say about it. As for the speedo..I'm a responsible adult. I'm perfectly capable of dealing with a acurate speedo. If i'm going 80 i dont need to be told 90 to try and fool me into slowing down. I'm going 80 for a reason :).