GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil leak

MkVme

Ready to race!
I was installing my new lip today and found a lot of oil underneath the car.

Looks like it's coming from the filter?

uploadfromtaptalk1330887343388.jpguploadfromtaptalk1330887352240.jpguploadfromtaptalk1330887386808.jpg

Any help to why this is happening would be cool. Going to take it to the dealer while I still can this week, but thought id get some opinions.

On a side note....

uploadfromtaptalk1330887487195.jpguploadfromtaptalk1330887505642.jpg

New lip! Also dipped my emblem and grille yesterday
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
sometimes they leak a little after some age. next oil change im getting that aluminum oil filter housing cause i dont have a tool to drain the filter housing and the tool to do it cost about as much anyways.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Dude, use a screw driver. No special tool needed

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Also make sure to oil the new oring when you replace the filter

mkvnamedlucy

Great White Buffalo
sometimes they leak a little after some age. next oil change im getting that aluminum oil filter housing cause i dont have a tool to drain the filter housing and the tool to do it cost about as much anyways.

Yeah just get the ecs tuning aluminum housing. Its pricey but I like it and I dont have any leaking problems. And you don't need a tool. Don't spend money on something that can be done with a screwdriver:thumbsup:

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
X2 on lubin up the new oring. Also make sure you seated the quick drain plug. If you don't seat it right it will leak and fill the end of the housing.

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
Dude, use a screw driver. No special tool needed

are you fucking kidding me :mad0259:. this was the first one of these types of filters ive ever changed, so i didnt know you had to drain it. needless to say the driveway was covered in oil cause it was like an oil grenade. well ill keep that in mind next time. thanks for the tip

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
lol

MkVme

Ready to race!
lol don i was joking. but youre right.

Its at the dealer right now and they said i have to pay for an oil change but they will fix everything else up for free.Im a bit upset about having to pay for the oil change but can deal with it....really feel that its should go with the repair though. IDK

rinzorz619

Ready to race!
lol don i was joking. but youre right.

Its at the dealer right now and they said i have to pay for an oil change but they will fix everything else up for free.Im a bit upset about having to pay for the oil change but can deal with it....really feel that its should go with the repair though. IDK

Bump. Is your car fixed and did they ever say what was wrong?

I've changed my oil before without a problem. But this has happened to me my last two or three oil changes. I've been using the Fram oil filter. I've noticed their o-ring now how notches on the inside. I can't think of any other solutions other than age and going with the aluminum from ECS.