GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM headunit install kit (single DIN) pics.

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
I just want to share some pics using the VW OEM headunit install. I have read a lot of complaints how a aftermarket headunit not looking very clean. I love the look of OEM headunit, but soundwise, it leaves a lot to be desired. Cheapest route to getting clean sound from your OEM speakers is to purchase a aftermarket headunit. Many of these headunits have built-in crossovers and sub outs. The aftermarket unit will have more power to drive those stock speakers. When considering a aftermarket headunit, you will also need to concern yourself with the radio surround bezel. A good fit will be a Alpine/Blaupunkt because their bezels are almost "square". A bad example will be a Pioneer because their radio bezels are "rounded". You can purchase the OEM headunit install kit in the US from www.enfig.com .

Here are some OEM install kit pics (not from my car):

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 8,510
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 3,878
  • VW OEM 2.jpg
    VW OEM 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 10,912
  • VW OEM.jpg
    VW OEM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 6,793
  • VW OEM 3.jpg
    VW OEM 3.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 3,844
  • VW OEM 1.jpg
    VW OEM 1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,697

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Above picture is using the VW own single din adaptor part no. 1K0 857 058 3x1

Anyone seen a photo of a mk5 with a Becker headunit in yet?
Im thinking of getting one later in the year when i switch processors to the MS-8

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
This is the becker unit i hope to fit later in the year, i think it may look very oem in the golf.

nick9871

Ready to race!
Hmm that is very tempting. Anyone have any pictures of it installed in a MKV? Also anyone use it with the stock speaker setup?