GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Rear Weatherstripping Installed

LannyM

LC User
....along with the glass it came attached to......

I noticed right after I got my CW .:R that the rear window looked funny compared to my buddies' '06 CW GTI. The reason? Among the cost saving cuts that VW has made is the elimination of the rear window weatherstripping on all US 2 door Golfs starting in mid 2007. This looks simply ridiculous on a CW car (actually, to me it looks bad on all colors except maybe black, but that doesn't help any .:R owners in the US), so I began exploring options to rectify it. The only one I was satisfied with was to purchase new OEM glass for an early MKV, with the weatherstripping already attached. It completes/extends the front door weatherstripping, and also fills in the gap along the top. Taking it off the new glass is not an option; I had to pop the entire panel in, which of course meant cutting the old glass out.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
meh, i dont mind it without.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
although i agree with you that it's retarded that VW cut something that small out of their budget for making golfs...that's a colossal waste of money.

but then again, i have a 2006 CW with the weatherstripping, and it does look much better...

LannyM

LC User
..that's a colossal waste of money

Hmmmm, $160. I don't know, I routinely spend more money than that on a bottle of wine and a nice dinner, and that's gone in two hours. This will last me a few years, and I get a great feeling walking up to the car now and seeing it complete....I feel like it's a bargain.

But judging from several co-workers reactions, I know most people think I'm nuts....