GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New OEM DV 06H 145 710 D - Diaphragm Removed!

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
And OF COURSE a DV doesn't "generate boost.." :bonk:
I'm surprised you even wrote that !!

I wrote that because your asking Mike to confirm reports of a boost increase makes no sense. Forge can't promise you'll see more boost from a DV. They can only promise you that their DV won't leak. I can *confirm* reports of 4-5 psi increase in peak boost from people who's DV's had a huge tear in them. That doesn't mean you'll see it.

:bonk: yourself. I'm just trying to help.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The factory DV stays sealed under boost because boost is being blown into it, pushing it back against the surface it seals. It's impossible to be cracking under pressure since this is the way it seals.

Peak boost levels are always fluctuating since our engines are load based. This may be what people were seeing, or it's a placebo.

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
Just ordered mine. I had my PCV fail already and I'm just waiting for my OEM "G" DV. I figure I'd have it ready for when it went out.

06vdubgti

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna place my order today ! . I wanna see how this new contraption is :D lol !

I will probably put this in as soon as I get it, Local Vdub performance shhop is gonna be ordering this for me so I should have it in the next couple of days.

I'll let you all know how it goes and I'll take some pics !

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
The one good thing about this is that if I run into issues with my Forge DV and cold weather, I can actually go back to a "dealer friendly" set up and still be fine with higher boost.

DROID_behavior

.:. m a s D U B .:.
Car(s)
GTI MkV BMP
The one good thing about this is that if I run into issues with my Forge DV and cold weather, I can actually go back to a "dealer friendly" set up and still be fine with higher boost.

ditto, this is great news for everyone. i just got a dv relocation and am glad to hear i have backup.

josh(liquidcrystaldisplay), just got this - we did the install together (ej dv and new 'D') and seems like hes back to 100% in the dv area (just needs pcv revamp!).

Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW