GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW MOD: Passat Light Switch in MKV :) works !!

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
so you guys give me many ideas and now i found something in a german forum: maybe you like it...part is about 40 Euro (part number 3C8 941 431 A XSH )

Attachments

• 158_passat_3c_lichtschalter_1.jpg
    158_passat_3c_lichtschalter_1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,632
  • 158_k640_p1010688_1.jpg
    158_k640_p1010688_1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,887
  • 158_k640_p1010689_1.jpg
    158_k640_p1010689_1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,879

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
What does the auto feature do it cant work, can it?

I know with the standard euro switch having it in the auto position turns the lights on when the car is running and off when it's off. Not sure if the Passat switch is any different though.

Pretty cool as it is in fact automatic, just not based on ambient light. Also it keeps one from making the mistake of keeping their parking lots on after leaving the car. With the euro switch I've seen many do this as the headlights turn off with the ignition, but the parking lights stay on and the warning chime when you open the door is not very loud.

AK_GTI

Deutsche Tourenwagen
Car(s)
2007/2001 GTI/Golf
I know with the standard euro switch having it in the auto position turns the lights on when the car is running and off when it's off. Not sure if the Passat switch is any different though.

the standard euroswitch "Auto" position and the passat "auto" do the same thing, if you dont have the passat rear view with light sensor, your car lights will just come on when you start your car, but with the passat mirror you can have them come on automatically when it gets dark or going through tunnels due to the low light situation. here is a thread diy on istallation of the mirror

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerofile/3197/VWJettaRainLightSensorInstall.pdf

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
so you guys give me many ideas and now i found something in a german forum: maybe you like it...part is about 40 Euro (part number 3C8 941 431 A XSH )

Aaah, vielen dank! I was thinking about this today as I like the silver slash :D I will go ahead and do this now if you don't mind me copying you ;)

knoxvillezzz

My danah
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG

The trim on that switch looks really nice.. Did you install that on your car? ... thumbs up :w00t:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wellsy

Car(s)
07 Golf GTI
I like that.

I'm off the Germany at the end of June. Will be visiting Nurburg and Wolfsburg amongst other places.

I may try and pick up one or two while I'm over there.

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
The trim on that switch looks really nice.. Did you install that on your car? ... thumbs up :w00t:

nope...dont like too many chromed things

next install is a new shift gear...some of the VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda concern...have to take a look what i will buy