GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New mechatronics

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Just dropped my car off at the dealership today due to rough shifts and jerkiness. They tried to reset it with vag-com but told me it was shifting really rough after that and put me in a rental till the mechatronics comes in. They told me it would only be two days, but that seems really fast. This seems to be a problem that is way too common, possible lemon in the future?

CWr32

Candy White
Car(s)
CW 2008 R32
My wait period is 6-8 weeks for mine. Has been about 4 weeks already and still no sign of it.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
hey can you explain your rough shifts and jerkiness, because i had that for one drive but i cannot replicate it. It was really bad but it happened only once. Did it throw any codes?

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
hey can you explain your rough shifts and jerkiness, because i had that for one drive but i cannot replicate it. It was really bad but it happened only once. Did it throw any codes?

my dealer said it felt awful, and he was driving it in stock mode. with the chip on, it was like riding a washing machine.

no codes, no faults, just the ass feeling the lunch being blended.

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
Took two weeks to ship my mechatronics unit in from Germany.

Got it swapped out last friday. Although my issues werent nearly so bad. Still, feeling much better now.

All of the DSG "quirkiness" is gone. It acts an feels totaly transparent now, like any other auto.

MisterDuck

Ready to race!
I had mine go in last week (Well about a week and a half) ago. They told me 3 or 4 weeks and just called me today saying that the part was being installed. So either shipping times are drastically over estimated to cover their asses, or maybe VW starting pushing more in country to cover increased demand? Either way, I'll be happy to get it back!

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
My dealer calimed that they would be receiving a new mechatronic unit for my car in 2 days when I had it in for service.
I don't know how long the part actually took to come in but I got my car back 2.5 weeks later.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I'm guessing its going to take like a month : /

In 1st gear and reverse it would be very jumpy with the RPMs jumping up and down till about 1500 RPM. Also I would get early shifts into 3rd gear occasionally along with random rough shifts in all gears.

MURFDAWG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
1 week

My Mechatronics unit arrived in one week [Chicago Car here]
I was told VWNA has to program each unit to the VIN number and they have one employee in North America to do all of these. I hear the 08's are problematic. Quite a few of them are coming in with DSG shift and Flashing PRNDS problems