xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
As Wesley Snipes says, "Always bet on black!"

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Order has been placed! MKV Red log plate:w00t:

It's been a while since we discussed about this IE manifold. Did u ever get it installed?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
It's been a while since we discussed about this IE manifold. Did u ever get it installed?

Yeah man, I installed it LONG time ago and you can find some pics here http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190214&page=2

And I removed it too for the time being and back to the plastic OEM one!
I lost around 40~50 hp in the low and mid range power after the installation, even if after few tuned files the issue still existed :thumbdown:

I will try it again with the new car but from what I read and heard from people running DM, APR, Revo files in many places around the world, the power loss in the low and mid range are a common issue with all of them!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
So what exactly is the point where a new manifold will be worthwhile, GT30+ or this will require a tune no matter what?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Good to know. Maybe a custom tune would be best to prevent loss of hp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I mean where does a tune change from prevent HP loss to optimize power, from what I see a K04 and GT28 sized turbo will lose a lot of power.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I did't lose power. Didn't lose spool either. Felt a little better in the top end but that's about it.

No changes were needed to be made to my tune since it was already tuned for the rfd.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
I did't lose power. Didn't lose spool either. Felt a little better in the top end but that's about it.

No changes were needed to be made to my tune since it was already tuned for the rfd.

What tune r u running?

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Well tuned for rfd and tuned to optimize ... lol so we will see how the car runs when I get my turbo back from FT. wastegate shit out since day one after the build. So saying I lost power was mainly because it was struggling like hell to build 24psi. it was making 21 before i pulled it and 12 after the build. I wonder how they managed to force it to make 24psi on the dyno lol. Prolly need a new tune now

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I am running a custom tune including CTS RFD with DM for my GTX and the car was pull like train then I just uninstalled the plastic OEM manifold and installed the IE manifold and then the power loss appears!
I changed 2 or 3 tuned files to get the power better back then I decided to return back the plastic manifold with the CTS RFD and the power returned back!