GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Headunit

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
did pioneer add a harness for the steering controls yet? the decks are nice and also think the sound of the factory BLOWS...but not willing to part off my steering controls. love the little bastards...

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Big Jerm said:
did pioneer add a harness for the steering controls yet? the decks are nice and also think the sound of the factory BLOWS...but not willing to part off my steering controls. love the little bastards...

x2 x3 x4

A18_RYU

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
MKV Sport TDi
love it! i got my sister's boyfriend's pioneer AVH - p6600 flip out screen thingy sat next to me....he was going to sell it but hasnt said anything about it in like 6 months....might fit it to the golf! however, where would i hide the control unit/box?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
johnny12345 said:
If u go with pioneer, you will be unable to watch DVD's as u drive, Is this correct? I thought I read somewhere about a built in Gyroscope
yes but there are way do disable the gyroscope, not sure how but have read that someone has done it

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
CandiliciousVW said:

Pioneer has indeed got a CAN BUS adapter that will allow functioning of the steering wheel controls...Here's the part no: CA-R-PI.221 This part will work steering wheel controls (Speed Pulse, Reverse, Ignition, Ilumination etc.)

Managed to do some modifications to my facia to allow fitment of the Pioneer HU. Tomorrow we'll be fitting the front trim plate to close up the gap. One thing though, I don't have the above mentioned CAN adapter and hence cannot get illumination on the radio.I'll have to source that from the 12V power source in the ashtray.

Attachments

• 03072006006.jpg
    03072006006.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 778

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
Vivid said:
yes but there are way do disable the gyroscope, not sure how but have read that someone has done it
Ya I thought I heard smoething about that too, But it was something like having to have the parking brake disconnected. It did'nt sound good. I was looking at pioneer too, but its seems like a pain in the ass compared to Eclipse. Maybe somebody knows more than us and will straighten us out

johnjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Rabbit222 said:
Pioneer has indeed got a CAN BUS adapter that will allow functioning of the steering wheel controls...Here's the part no: CA-R-PI.221 This part will work steering wheel controls (Speed Pulse, Reverse, Ignition, Ilumination etc.)

Managed to do some modifications to my facia to allow fitment of the Pioneer HU. Tomorrow we'll be fitting the front trim plate to close up the gap. One thing though, I don't have the above mentioned CAN adapter and hence cannot get illumination on the radio.I'll have to source that from the 12V power source in the ashtray.

Shaun, tap the illumination from the Climate Control. Its the orange wire.

I know cos when I installed my bluetooth I noticed it there (had to tap the ignition). Other than that we dont need the CANBUS mainly cos we dont have the steering wheel controls, unless the Pioneer has built in diagnostic software (that would be cool ;) ).

BTW, whats up with the VW Club, its down or something...

John

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
rica_roel said:
I hate aftermarket stereos, why change the head unit when its so good and matches with everything inside your car????

Agreed... not sure about 'so good' on sound, but I like the fresh from the factory look on the inside.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
rica_roel said:
I hate aftermarket stereos, why change the head unit when its so good and matches with everything inside your car????

I guess we all have different oppionions on what sounds good... I think its OK but just OK and could be vastly imporved... but for others it sounds good...