GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New computer...thoughts?

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Switched everything over to AM2 socket for newer standards and better RAM support. Only about $20 more expensive than 939.

boaz

Go Kart Champion
I haven't used am2 so I wouldn't know but here's what I think. lol

why not stay 939 X2? even though it's dying out am2 performance gains are mediocre. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

why not switch to c2d? conroe's are wild period.

switch to intel or stay loyal to amd with the products that put amd on the map. socket 939.

pfft newegg LOL

boaz

Go Kart Champion
you don't need aftermarket cpu fan. unless you plan on overclocking. plus that fan ain't that great for over clocking either.

939 X2's run pretty cool
c2d's run cooler

:iono:

everything else is cool.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
The switch to AM2 is more for the motherboard than anything else. 939 mobos with 240-pin RAM are rare, and this way I make room for upgrades in the future.

I'm looking to save some cash, so C2D is a bit pricey for my tastes. I do plan on overclocking.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
If you're looking for performance C2D is the way to go and you can overclock them even with simple cooling and get serious performance.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
at too? wow. i've been using oem macs for 10 years now. i guess there's no other way.

boaz

Go Kart Champion
upgrades for the future....

is k8l am2?

amd doesn't have too much of a future lol :cry:

for the price u can get a decent c2d.

im using a 939, i don't plan on upgrading for the future. besides finding an X2 939 and a faster video card if a have to.

the future is...

video cards...faster hotter
cpu...more cores.

imo 939 is the peak for amd and c2d is the beginning for intel.

amd isn't going for speed because they will lose. now that they have ati they will focus on cpu/gpu and so on..

think about this. intel already is planning 45nm technology already while amd is still stuck on 65nm..

LOL this is so nerdy.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
is vista available alrdy? should i get it and they'll have updates and fixes, or should i wait a while?

walangij

D1 2010!
I have that graphics card and it is great for gaming. I don't play MMO's though, just FPS but get 70-100+fps on a system with less ram but the same processor. I would get a CD2 if i were you though and save up for another card to take advantage of the SLi.