GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Power Pulley Kit

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
What about replacement belts? Do you have to go directly through neuspeed for it or is this as typical replacement?

It's just a standard belt that you can buy from any auto parts store. I'll post up the part number the next time I take a look at it.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Yeah, I was curious about these on our cars too. I'm looking at the ECS Pulley, and I'm sure the Neuspeed is good too. Just curious if anyone is actually using this on an MKV? I know my last car, Ford Focus, it made a huge difference...but at the expense of my electrical system. Power windows were a little slower, headlights were a little dimmer. Some people with high power stereos would complain about issues. But...that was for my 2002 car. Anyone here have this on their MKV? If so, what are the pros and cons for our cars with this?

07Noside

Banned
Throttle response thats all I felt improve. As far as lights dimming or voltage changing my radar detector has a full color screen read out and it has battery voltage as a read out and it hasn't changed since before the install. I have about 2k miles on it so far.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Throttle response thats all I felt improve. As far as lights dimming or voltage changing my radar detector has a full color screen read out and it has battery voltage as a read out and it hasn't changed since before the install. I have about 2k miles on it so far.

Did you install the ECS or Neuspeed (or other)? Would you say it's worth the money?

slow-pez

Ready to race!
ive had the neuspeed pulley for about a year. throttle response was increased almost instantly.:happyanim: does that mean more hp/tq? :iono:dont know. but i do believe its worth the money. i like it and recommend it.

the weight of the oem pulley was about 7-9 lbs and the neuspeed was maybe 1-2.
i believe since its lighter you have to get some hp.:thumbsup:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
my friend with a BT wrx said he installed an underdrive pully and he didn't notice any difference.

ghostgti

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN!
Car(s)
08 White GTI
i have the neuspeed and noticed a little difference....worth the 140 dollars or however much i paid for it back when i got it....took about 15 minutes to put it in once the passenger wheel is off...

thez19

GITEE Up N Go!!
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Ok...so Im still a bit confused..Is the neuspeed and ECS pulley kit an oem lighter replacement or an underdrive pulley?? I.E. Are they larger pullies or the same size just lighter? Also, im assuming these two kits come with the required belts? Are these belts the same size as stock? I suggested this kit a while back while talking with my shop guy whom I trust with my car very much and he said he knows they free up some power but he also pointed out something that may go wrong with the pulley, unfortunately I forget what exactly that bad thing was whether it was electrical or what...

07Noside

Banned
I installed the neuspeed, its a little smaller then OEM, included new bolts and a new belt which is also slightly smaller then OEM.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Yeah, I was curious about these on our cars too. I'm looking at the ECS Pulley, and I'm sure the Neuspeed is good too. Just curious if anyone is actually using this on an MKV? I know my last car, Ford Focus, it made a huge difference...but at the expense of my electrical system. Power windows were a little slower, headlights were a little dimmer. Some people with high power stereos would complain about issues. But...that was for my 2002 car. Anyone here have this on their MKV? If so, what are the pros and cons for our cars with this?

ECS is $190. Neuspeed can be had for about $150 shipped.

Blitzen

Professional .....
Has anyone gotten the Power Pully Kit yet?

Claims to have 5-7 HP Increase.

The only thing that scares me is that it uses a different belt, so it might be difficult to replace it down the road.

Pete

Why adding that to a GTI? The engine revs quicker > hope your traction is good enough
Are there not enough "easy" ways for a turbo engine to get (more than) enough hp?

For a 2.5 or even a VR6 I would understand the question ..... but for a GTI?

ghostgti

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN!
Car(s)
08 White GTI
why does it matter to you? People want to get the most performance out of there motors. Yea with my k04 and 100 octane with meth i have traction issues, but once i throw the slicks on at the track, its all over