GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

tritonX13

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Hello everyone, I just installed a P-Flo intake on my car. It's the only mod I have on there right now. I love the sound of it, but I was wondering what else I can do to make the turbo sound louder. I don't want to get a BOV yet and I was looking into the Forge Spacer, but I'm not sure. Is there anything else I can do that would intensify the sound? Thank you for your input and I apologize about the noob questions, but everyone has to start somewhere. Also, if anyone has any sound clips demonstrating what I said, I would appreciate it.

tritonX13

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
I would love to put a bigger turbo in but I can't do that anytime soon. Does the DP have to be catless? Also, what are your thoughts on the Forge Spacer? I have seen so many mixed reviews and I've heard of oil leaking and everything. What are your preferences on them opposed to a BOV?

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I would love to put a bigger turbo in but I can't do that anytime soon. Does the DP have to be catless? Also, what are your thoughts on the Forge Spacer? I have seen so many mixed reviews and I've heard of oil leaking and everything. What are your preferences on them opposed to a BOV?

that spacer sucks on so many levels. I had success with the GFB DVplus that modifies yer stock dv. also sounds cool combined with that intake or any open filter.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Does the DP have to be catless?

Iam running a USP 3" catted downpipe, IMHO its pretty loud, at WOT the thing sounds if it had an exhaust there, (Iam stock catback) also the turbo makes all noises and can be easily heard.
My advice is no, it doesn't need to be catless, but, I would go catless unless you need to pass inspection. Mine passed inspection with that catted dp and flashed to stage 2, here in Chile they fit a sniffer in the exhaust, it passed close though. my 2 cents

tritonX13

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
that spacer sucks on so many levels. I had success with the GFB DVplus that modifies yer stock dv. also sounds cool combined with that intake or any open filter.

Iam running a USP 3" catted downpipe, IMHO its pretty loud, at WOT the thing sounds if it had an exhaust there, (Iam stock catback) also the turbo makes all noises and can be easily heard.
My advice is no, it doesn't need to be catless, but, I would go catless unless you need to pass inspection. Mine passed inspection with that catted dp and flashed to stage 2, here in Chile they fit a sniffer in the exhaust, it passed close though. my 2 cents

I would love to hear what both sound like. Do either of you have any sound clips or videos?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The spacer gets mixed reviews around here. It really doesn't do anything performance-wise and is basically just a noisemaker. If you want to throw about $40 at that, I guess it would work. Note that depending on your transmission it may not do what you think. If you're DSG, it will not "blow-off" when the car shifts unless you let off the gas. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of the spacer in action.

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Save your money, don't buy a spacer, they cause leaks and offer zero performance gains.

Are you tuned yet? Get at least a Stage1 tune from one of the major tuners (Unitronic, GIAC, Revo, etc) or spring for a catless downpipe and Stage2 calibration to really bring the car awake. More boost = more turbo noises.

tritonX13

Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
I'm not tuned yet. I really want to, but I'm waiting for my 6 month warranty to expire before I tune. I just bought the car about 3 weeks ago. I know I may stir up a bit of a frenzy, but what is the best company to go with for tuning?

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
No frenzy, just a lot of opinions.

First off, don't worry about your warranty, a tune in all likelihood won't cause any issues there.

As far as the "best", here's a secret; most tuners Stage1;2;2+ files are all pretty even. I think there's a YouTube video of a race between APR S2 and a Revo S2 and it's a dead heat. Choose a tune based on 1) how close you are to a dealer, 2) if they offer any features over a different tuner (i.e. APR program switching with CC stalk, Uni has the Connect switcher and GIAC Flashloader, DM has the programmer, etc) and what your overall goals are for the car, such as if you plan on BT in the future don't choose a company that doesn't offer a BT file or you'll end up switching companies anyways.

For me, I needed the abilitly to switch tunes in my garage due to emissions, so I went with DM because of their programmer option. However they no longer offer the programmer so that doesnt help you. Also think about customer service and support after the sale- firsthand I can tell you DriverMotorsport will offer basically zero support after the sale. I can't speak firsthand about any other offerings.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Remove the hood liner.