GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with a issue (out of warrenty)

Strmtrpr

Censored
Changed my oil yesterday and when I opened the drain plug it was pouring out very slowly after it did a good pour for about two seconds. It was almost like something was plugged up in there. Nothing was blocking the oil from the drain (no metal or anything).

Last time I changed the oil there was a decent amount of tan looking oil on the cap. I didn't really think much of the tan stuff last time after doing some research on the forums and finding out it was a semi normal issue during cold months.

I am thinking I may have a PCV problem...anyone have any thoughts? Car has 54k on it so warranty is a no go.

:word:

TheJakofallTrads

Car-less
Car(s)
Audi RS3
Didn't take the filter off till after it drained it all seemed normal. Did not remove the cap (top of motor) but I don't always do that and it never affected it before.

I wouldn't worry too much about your pcv or the slow oil drain. The creamy crap is from the colder temps during winter and not romping on the car hard enough, do you take a lot of short trips? If you have oil on your oil cap and around the seal that would indicate a pcv issue. If there weren't any metal shavings in your oil drain pan you're most likely fine though and that would be your main concern.

I crack the filter and remove the oil cap as soon as the oil starts to drain. Just removing the oil drain plug is the equivalent to dumping a 2-liter of soda straight upside down, without air flowing in to force the liquid out, it's a slow process.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Isn't volkswagens powertrain warranty 5yr/60,000?

JSnover107

Ready to race!
yea i think your still in warranty, factory powertrain is 5/60k

Strmtrpr

Censored
I wouldn't worry too much about your pcv or the slow oil drain. The creamy crap is from the colder temps during winter and not romping on the car hard enough, do you take a lot of short trips? If you have oil on your oil cap and around the seal that would indicate a pcv issue. If there weren't any metal shavings in your oil drain pan you're most likely fine though and that would be your main concern.

I crack the filter and remove the oil cap as soon as the oil starts to drain. Just removing the oil drain plug is the equivalent to dumping a 2-liter of soda straight upside down, without air flowing in to force the liquid out, it's a slow process.

Ya I know it won't flow out fast but man it was like a little stream of oil. I thought something was blocking it but I was wrong (checked with a small tool)

The 08's have a better pcv system correct? I have never had to replace it or do anything