GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help. FORGE?

OBBI

Apex clipper
Car(s)
09 5dr GTI
need some help for a friend, 2007 fsi gti.
mods is as follows,
-full miltech exhaust
-Bluefin stage 2 ecu
-forge diverter valve
-evo ms air intake.

recently he has been encountering a substantial loss in boost pressure, normally runs 19-20 psi, currently holds 15 and sometimes peaks to 20, with stock diverter the car was dynoed at 215 whp, now with the forge diverter 203 whp, tested in same conditions.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Check the boost/vacuum taps for seal. I had a 1-2PSI boost leak coming from an unsealed tap location (there are three). Also, make sure that the vacuum hose isnt leaking at the DV. Make sure the DV is sealed in place properly. Other then that, I dont know what to tell you...Good luck!

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
We have seen leaks occur in two ways.

- loose/torn/disconnected vacuum line
- valve cap coming loose

If either of these occurs, the valve will not be able to seal and hold boost effectively under load. The cap coming loose seems to be caused by oil from the PCV system finding its way into the threads of the cap and working it loose. I've removed a couple valves from some local cars with leaking valve setups and literally poured oil out of the valve bodies.

Take a look and let us know what you find.

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
need some help for a friend, 2007 fsi gti.
mods is as follows,
-full miltech exhaust
-Bluefin stage 2 ecu
-forge diverter valve
-evo ms air intake.

recently he has been encountering a substantial loss in boost pressure, normally runs 19-20 psi, currently holds 15 and sometimes peaks to 20, with stock diverter the car was dynoed at 215 whp, now with the forge diverter 203 whp, tested in same conditions.

PCV?