GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help/Advice: Throttle Body Wiring Issue

kenr32

sorry to start this thread again, but it seems like i'm having this issue too.. what would be my best option if my car is out of warranty? (07 R32) thanks

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
sorry to start this thread again, but it seems like i'm having this issue too.. what would be my best option if my car is out of warranty? (07 R32) thanks
TSB is for the 2.0L engine, I havent heard of anybody having this issue with a .:R, but then again I dont read up on everything for that car.
Maybe checkout vwvortex or a dedicated MKV .:R32 forum?

TheKnightedKing

VR6 Turbo FTW!
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
FYI - keep monitoring your car since the wiring harness repair may not fix it completely. Since my repair, the G188 sensor fails when running a TBA which prevents readiness being able to be set with VCDS. I'm currently in process of having VWoA approve replacing the entire TB under warranty. I have also experienced strange fluctuations in throttle plate during logging. None of these issues produce any codes.

This has happened to me as well.. Got the TSB fix and it didnt get me anywhere.. Working on getting a new tb as well

mrc013

I've had this issue for about a year. I've been searching for a solution forever and finally stumbled across this thread.

After reading this I was interested in who had success with making the wires longer and who had success with replacing the throttle body.

This issue only happens to me when I'm running my Stage 3 tune and not my factory tune. I have an Audi S3 8P (2.0TFSI).

Thanks in advance.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I've had this issue for about a year. I've been searching for a solution forever and finally stumbled across this thread.

After reading this I was interested in who had success with making the wires longer and who had success with replacing the throttle body.

This issue only happens to me when I'm running my Stage 3 tune and not my factory tune. I have an Audi S3 8P (2.0TFSI).

Thanks in advance.

Running aftermarket motor and trans mounts like my favorite 034 motorsports kit will minimize engine movement caused by high torque. Just a thought.

mrc013

Just had a good look. There is a bit of oil on the TB from my recirc delete but I highly doubt it would cause any issues with the TB itself. There seems to be plenty of give on the wires all hooked up to the TB.

I'm going to order the engine mounts now as well.

I have a brand new throttle body which I'll install. I'll keep everyone updated on the results.

Last edited: