GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

keyratGTI

Ready to race!
quick question. i got wheels in mind 5x114.3, 18x8.5f et 32 and 18x9.5r et 45. they are old work wheels and i know the fronts will work perfect. i just dont think the rears will clear the strut? anyone running a set up like this??

i know the tires fit the 9.5 but i know they are really 10.5 from lip to lip. so will it work or do i need to space them out? will wobbles work if they are spaced out another 5mm?

THANKS!!!

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
quick question will 8.5" wide 17"s work well with a stock gti? looking at 2003 c230 wheels and since they are staggered i was wondering about clearance in the rear. thanks!

apollosfury

designeddwk
quick question will 8.5" wide 17"s work well with a stock gti? looking at 2003 c230 wheels and since they are staggered i was wondering about clearance in the rear. thanks!

depends on offset. but it shouldn't be a problem.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
sweet thanks!!

Garrington

Car(s)
2008 GTI
question

Great thread. Just want to make sure these work or not.
I am planning to get 17x8 spas with 235/45 offset 41mm, and the H&R touring cup kit (0.9" front, 0.8" rear). Right now I have a 2008 stock gti, drive through NYC, and do have 3 - 4 people in the car often. Definite rubbing or can I pull it off?

Thanks!

IRISHLUCK

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the process of ordering wheels with a custom offset. I'm trying to determine what will fit best on an 09' Jetta Wagon. I'm either going with 18"X8.5" or 19"X8.5" but I haven't decided which one yet. Looks VS performance and comfort.

Is ET45 the "optimal" offset to run with on a MkV? I'm looking to get close to flush and I am lowered currently on KW V1 coilovers but not slammed. Picture for reference.

The car is currently set up for maximum handling abilities without regard to stance. After wheels are made then I will go about getting the proper look.

Starscream

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI (4 door)
Great chart, really helps answer alot of questions I'm sure.

I don't see any listings for 255 width tires... I'm looking into some 18x8.5 +45 and would like to stick with proper OD tires, and 225/40-18 is going towards a stretched look. Which I would want to go wider w/ the wider rims, but can I get away w/ a 255/35-18 on the 18x8.5 +45 on my stock 08 GTI? Or is 245/35-18 the widest I can go?

Thanks,

Jay

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I have questions on two sets of wheels. The car is a 2006 GTI on the H&R Sport Cup Kit (not sure how much drop that is)

First:
I bought 19x8.5 ET32 with 235/35/R19s on them from a guy who told me they fit his MKV slammed on coils and only rubbed a hair with the coils all the way down. Did I get screwed and buy wheels that won't fit?

Second:
Looking at picking up a staggered setup that is:

Fronts: 18X8 ET35
Rears: 19X9.5 ET35

Can I fit these?

I want to be able to drive hard

apollosfury

designeddwk
since you're only on springs, you should be fine...but why would you buy a bigger wheel for the rear on a fwd car?

SpecialFX

since you're only on springs, you should be fine...but why would you buy a bigger wheel for the rear on a fwd car?

I am generally against that, but sometimes there's just a deal you can't pass up!

SpecialFX

Before bed bump.

Will the fender liner mod and/or rolled fenders help me out or is that not where it would rub? Thanks in advance!

up2you

Hi guys.
need a peace of advice.
I was given a great price for prodrive forged wheels
17x7,5 and 17x8,5 et 30.
possible to fit on mk5 gti?
Installed KW var 3.
on stock Denvers 18x7,5 + spasers 21mm sometimes rub on front wheels.
looking forward to use for track days.

SpecialFX

19x8.5 et32 with 235/35R19s with an H&R sport cup kit. It rubs pretty bad right now. Can I roll/pull fenders and manage this? What do you recommend to make these fit?