GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV - Loss of Power

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
yea i keep getting this same issue...always though it was just a lack of fuel and thought upgrading the fuel pump would solve the issue, haven't yet because I'm not totally sure it's the problem...I have GIAC btw.

warrboy

yep im haveing the very same problems , no power and hardly any boost my boost gause wont go past 5lb when im in gears 4 and up but 1st thru 3rd ive got like 7 lb and a loud hissing noise like air /boost is escaping , and its getting worse i just got the cel on today and it acually died on me on the road when i pushed in the clutch , but started right back up its so annoying , i checked my diverter valve today and its the newer version , with no way to really tell if its bad, and i am checking the cam follower tomarro morning but i doubt theres no problems with it cause i just replaced it about 1000 miles ago , if i find no problems tomarro i am going to take it to the local vw shop and get raped in my wallet , cause i have no other options pls help me out with some advice the cel code was p0171 :thumbdown:

Dead thread but did you ever solve this problem? I got the same code and similar symptoms on my 06 GTI.

MORAP

car goes into limp mode

good day all
i have done some mods on my mkv...after doin so i find the car goes into limp mode wen you are driving normally on constant gradual accelaration and throws out fault code p0234.
this is list of mods done:
ko4 borg warner turbo
s3 injectors
rs 4 coil packs
intake
downpipe
exhaust
autotech hpfp internals
wot box
gfb boost controller
rs4 pressure valve
front mount intercooler
racing plugs

any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!!

vwbulla

Ready to race!
i had issues where in 4th 5th 6th gear at wot the boost would not hold at a any given psi it would go from 15 to 5 and back n forth all the time every second it was different. i finally replaced the n75 valve and the boost pressure sensor in the intake piping and now any of those years i talked about it spikes at20psi and drops to 15-16 psi and hold there till redline!!
pulls like it should again. love it.

Cellec

Car(s)
2007 vw GTI
I was just looking into this I was doing some pills on my fairly stock 07 GTI manual I did a full 1st gear pull and felt great hitting 14 psi went to 2nd felt fine for 2 seconds cut all power no boost didn’t climb speed for a couple seconds and then gave full power only did that in 2nd gear every other gear was fine it did it throughout the night only in 2nd gear even at half throttle around 4000rpm recently been kicking me out of first gears feel a little tight I’ve also noticed some tapping coming from the engine bay if anyone got any ideas before I break it open id appreciate it