GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
To my knowledge 73a/72 is Leuchte26NSL LA72 = rear fog light on a ROW car. I wouldn't tap into that for your ROW headlights. NAR cars use 73a/72 = Leuchte26NSL LA72 for the amber side marker dots in US headlights.

Memus

Car(s)
MK7 2014
If I'm not posting in the right thread, please forgive me

I changed the front halogen MK7 2014 lamps to halogen polift 2018 with LED daytime running lights 5G1941005D and 5G1941006D. Both lamps have a 10PIN plug. Additional cable for TFT to BCM added

I can't turn on the daytime running lights and position lights

can you tell me what adaptation i need to change

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
seems to me like the only thing you must do on a ROW car when switching from 8IT to 8IU is to interconnect pin 4 to pin 8. :D Also, there is nothing on pin 13, so it would be only for specific countries, I assume.
1681983570465.png
1681983643696.png

Last edited:

Memus

Car(s)
MK7 2014
I don't have a 14PIN plug in the new LED daylight lamp, I have a 10PIN plug as it was originally. The wire from PIN 10 of the lamp to PIN 10 of the BCM 46PIN is added

Golf7.5G1941005.jpg

old lamp 5G1941005

Golf7.5G1941005D.jpg

new lamp 5G1941005D

old and new halogen lamp, the new one has only LED daytime running light and position LED.
both lamps have a 10PIN plug
added cable from pin 10 of the lamp to BCM pin 10 for the left lamp and pin 10 of the lamp to BMC pin 21 for the right lamp
I want to code a new lamp to work properly

Last edited:

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
To my knowledge 73a/72 is Leuchte26NSL LA72 = rear fog light on a ROW car. I wouldn't tap into that for your ROW headlights. NAR cars use 73a/72 = Leuchte26NSL LA72 for the amber side marker dots in US headlights.
Hi, I dont want to have some bad questions, I just hope that you could put me on the right track on something.
What does really those "Leuchte26NSL" mean? (in german something like light26NSL) I thought that those are just references for the adaptations, is that right? Is there some place where I can find those, if it's even possible? tried to look it up in Wiring, elsa and few other places with no luck.

I'm just trying to figure out... Daylights on Egolf should be on 46b/4, etc.. under what name I can find those in adaptation maps?
M'I going for it right, or Im deeply in the woods? :ROFLMAO:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It should be Leuchte4TFL LB4. And yes Leuchte = Light, 26 = Channel number, NSL = Nebelschlussleuchte (rear fog light).

I recommend to read Don's (@DV52) awesome lighting explanation to get a better understanding. Don I hope you don't mind me sharing that here.

Attachments

• Lighting Explanation_5_2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 199

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@ZERO815 : No, I don't mind at all - stuff that I post in the public domain remains exactly that!!

However, I would make a note of caution to anyone thinking of reading the document - it was written in 2014 when Mk7 Golfs were relatively new here in Australia (and elsewhere) and when my understanding of this stuff was embryonic at best. I tried to write the document with conditional words like "it appears" and "it seems" to emphasize that the content was a huge guess on my part.

I re-read the document now after almost 10 years have passed and I cringe at the errors in my then (mis)understanding of how Leuchte-programming works.

I quess that I should re-write the document - maybe some day I will get the inspiration to correct the wrong bits in my mental meanderings (or, maybe it just ain't important)? ;)

Don

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
Hi, I have another lame question before I buy stuff.
I'm just wondering what is this "component" stuff... Is it something that changes with parametrization? Maybe with firmware? or non of this? Seems to me like it's the only stuff different on my headlights (mine on the right, propper on the left)
I'm just trying to figure out what diag should I buy for this stuff. If ori. VCP would be enough or ODIS from China and use data from vagLogins.

jednotky.JPG

also, this is the second one, this one needs new firmware altogether, right? Because of the A / AG ending of the SW. And this should be on VagLogins website, I hope :unsure:
So ODIS should be better, or perhaps more easier for this job, right? :unsure:

1682679112275.png

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
So, I bought myself a VAS5054, now I just need to figure out what to do with it :geek: :ROFLMAO:
I also found one Russian guy who has links to "all flashdaten" files but seems that he doesn't have SW for 7P5, no luck on VAGLOGINS either :/ Now Im at yet another dead end, cool -_-
maybe it would be better to find somebody to do the coding remotely. Do you know someone? Found two guys here on the forum, and neither of them replied back to me when I send them a message

Newer thought that buying a crashed Egolf would be so painful journey :ROFLMAO:
Also, many thanks to @DV52 for that file, helped me a lot with understanding how the lighting works on the MQB platform ;)
found out that a few things are a bit different on my golf than described in the file, but overall great experience ;) Maybe I just got it wrong due to language barier :unsure:
346102478_1247846999182214_8766641635389435438_n.jpg

david.Golf

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTE Hybrid
Hi awd4416
I have done the whole conversion and i need to flash the two power modules and the 4B module . I have bought the whole package
( odis flashdaten ) but still dont find the flashes that i need. Can you please provide me with the flash files for the 4B and the power module 7p5941572A.
Thanks

david.Golf

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTE Hybrid
Lol I get it super never wrecking. But don’t worry, I flashed the 4B module at least 2 times and the light modules a ton of times to get the correct firmware. Happy to report you can flash them again and again unlike some of the other modules that can brick if done wrong (like the camera). So number one, get a car battery charger, the 4B module takes a while on VCP, (don’t think I figured out how to use ODIS for this). The light modules where a few minutes. Doesn’t really matter on the order but I did the 4B first and then the lights. Then the parameters.

I used the left and right from 7P5941572A_golfE_D#_[left/right]_8IX_standard
Golf_8v0907399d_LED_MXB_LCM[left/right]

Hope that helps
PLEASE provide with the correct flash files . Iam using Odis and i need that files please.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
So, I bought myself a VAS5054, now I just need to figure out what to do with it :geek: :ROFLMAO:
I also found one Russian guy who has links to "all flashdaten" files but seems that he doesn't have SW for 7P5, no luck on VAGLOGINS either :/ Now Im at yet another dead end, cool -_-
maybe it would be better to find somebody to do the coding remotely. Do you know someone? Found two guys here on the forum, and neither of them replied back to me when I send them a message

Newer thought that buying a crashed Egolf would be so painful journey :ROFLMAO:
Also, many thanks to @DV52 for that file, helped me a lot with understanding how the lighting works on the MQB platform ;)
found out that a few things are a bit different on my golf than described in the file, but overall great experience ;) Maybe I just got it wrong due to language barier :unsure:
View attachment 280544
Did you get your [ and ] shaped eGolf DRL's properly coded again? Or do I need to go dig through the lighting codings on my 2019 NAR eGolf?

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
yep. It was pretty straightforward. Everything is neatly in that lighting explanation above.. Just activate leuchte (lasttyp) 4 and 5 back to tagfahrlicht everything else same as in coding from #6 post, if i recall correctly. :D

BTW. big news. One guy from MHH auto forum helped me to code my lights :D No errors and everything works like a charm now, he was a proper pro at this :D

Now im just curious.. Is this how high beams should look when stationary? :D I got my lights from 2 separate guys, secondhand. :D So I'm just curious if it's ok or not :D
Otevřít fotku

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Changed my email to track this thread but did not confirm it so i wasn't getting notifications 😅.

I flashed my lights using a paid verion of VCP using their firmware download tool. It also has the proper parameters for the 4B module if the module comes from something other than a Golf.

I don't have a copy of those file in ODIS format and the VCP files are encrypted to your VCP dongle/key so I can't share. However, there are plenty of online friends at a specific bay 😉 that can let you borrow their copy of the files you might need.