GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 GTI's competitor?

Who is the GTI's greatest nemesis/rivals? (Choose three at most)

• Acura RSX-S

Votes: 47 39.8%
  • Chevy Cobalt SS S/C

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Ford Mustang V6

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Honda Civic Si

Votes: 95 80.5%
  • Hyundai Tiburon GT

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • MINI Cooper S

Votes: 54 45.8%
  • Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Saturn ION Redline

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Scion tC

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters

Dude123

Oval Champion
What does everyone think is the most significant GTI 2.0T competitor, and why? Vote in the poll aswell.

Thanks!

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
there is no doubt the MKV GTI modeled itself after the MINI Cooper. They have such a strikingly similar list of features plus VW literally hired the ad agency. I am a MINI buff and was originally gonna get one, but fate led me into my GTIs arms. I love love love MINIs

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I see only two... RSX-S or the Civic Si.
First because they are all about 200 hp.
Also, because I was stuck between the RSX-S and the GTI.

I guess you know which car I got.

Last edited:

dvsdimsum

Go Kart Champion
big papa said:
WRX wagon

wow, what are you smoking, dude.

a wrx? :bs:

a wrx would destroy a gti in most instances. not in the same category.

i voted rsx and si. gti gets the initial ass dyno, but the i-vtec really helps those two catch up and potentially pass at the end.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Just looking at that list of cars, the GTI stands way way out above all of them. It really is remarkable that they can sell this car at a price comparable to those sorry ass vehicles, except the Cooper S, those R pretty cool (for a chick).

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Some pretty good competition up there on the list. The Si is probably the big contender with all of the mags. Buddy of mine has a Type S at work and they are a good match too, but the Type S wins in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The GTI wins in plain overall car though.

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i said the Si and the Cooper S. The Si is replacing the RSX-S (right?) as the honda/acura fast fwd car, and the mini is another euro hot hatch. The Cobalt/Ion dont compare with the quality of the above cars. The eclipse/tibby are somewhat similiar, but i certianly am not looking at them. As for the v6 mustang... no one should buy a v6 mustang.

Wow people, the ION Redline is a competitor. Isn't the Cobalt SS Supercharged? They're the same thing. So serioulsy:
RSX-S, Civic Si, Cobalt SS Supercharged, and ION Redline.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Civic Si, just look at the comparo from Car & Driver a couple months ago. There so close in so many ways....yet so different.