GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 GTI vs Jetta 2.5L

RcNdi

Now I know without a doubt I am going to kick his as$, However he is a friend of mine so I want to know how bad will I embarrass him. He wants to do our run at the local 1/8 mile track. If I am going to stomp him badly then I will offer to do a quick street run to shut his mouth but not embarrass him in front of all of our friends.

Mine:
2006 GTI 6 SP Manual
APR Stage 2+
Water / Meth at 50/50
3" TBE
K&N intake
and that is about it for my power adders

His
Jetta 2.5 Automatic
he has
intake
exhaust
tune

He has a big mouth and for some dang reason just wont listen to me and I guess I will have to prove him wrong (he uses that stupid phrase "no replacement for displacement" when talking to me). But in short how bad do you all think the slaughter will be? Should I cut him a break where he won't look like a retard or just go ahead and own him in front of everyone?

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
WTF for realz?

He'll get prison raped. The saying "No replacement for displacement" refers to cars with actual displacement. 2.5 over 2.0 is nothing. Now if he had a 4 liter or larger V8 or something that makes sense. Tell him you piss half a liter. Make sure you get videos, before and after the race.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
You will destroy him. He might get you off the line if you spin alot and since he doesn't have much power, but once you get grip, you will shit on him

RcNdi

I was thinking about giving him a chance to look like a idiot without others around on the interstate but I am really starting to think a 3rd person video of us down at the local 1/8 mile track would be the best way to shut him up. He had his jetta before i got the MK5 and he beat me once when I had my old MK3 GTI and he swears that car is fast ever since he beat my MK3.

TheFaulk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV CW GTI
I've actually raced my friends Jetta 2.5 and walked. From a roll he stands no chance, from a dig if he's an Auto he will pull you bc he won't spin, if you ease off the line then you'll take him all the way.

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Wow, this wont even be fun honestly. You have what 100+ hp and Tq on him and how many lbs less? BUT I want to see a video of this!

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
Haha, please record a short interview before the race, the race, and you walking to his car for the after race interview. Rub it in that you wasted him too. That would be youtube gold. It won't be as good as the corolla video, but a close second for sure

Sent from my iPhone

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Now I know without a doubt I am going to kick his as$, However he is a friend of mine so I want to know how bad will I embarrass him. He wants to do our run at the local 1/8 mile track. If I am going to stomp him badly then I will offer to do a quick street run to shut his mouth but not embarrass him in front of all of our friends.

Mine:
2006 GTI 6 SP Manual
APR Stage 2+
Water / Meth at 50/50
3" TBE
K&N intake
and that is about it for my power adders

His
Jetta 2.5 Automatic
he has
intake
exhaust
tune

He has a big mouth and for some dang reason just wont listen to me and I guess I will have to prove him wrong (he uses that stupid phrase "no replacement for displacement" when talking to me). But in short how bad do you all think the slaughter will be? Should I cut him a break where he won't look like a retard or just go ahead and own him in front of everyone?

Tell him to meet you anywhere and hand the arrogant kid his *** on a platter. LOLz at the no replacement for displacement. Someone needs to tell the kid his 2.5L Isn't a big block.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
When racing at 5000ft elevation, the "displacement", doesnt mean that much when you have a turbo, and i mean a decent turbo, even with the K03 you could take on some V8's, but, on this case, you would rape his ass, even at sea level, please do so.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Remind him that forced induction gives you all the displacement you need to displace his sphincter when you rape him on the track. Too bad you're only running an eighth mile since you'd violate him far more dramatically in a quarter mile scenario.

If you can, I'd instead run him from a 40 roll on the highway to eliminate the possibility of having a bad reaction time and doing a terrible launch (which could let him get a big holeshot that might be hard to recover from on such a short track). Even offer to let him take the hit, then watch the lulz ensue as you pass him like he's standing still. Better yet, be sure to position your car so that he's on your right during the race. That way your camera person can get great footage of his facial expressions as you run a train on him.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
That 2.5 better have nitrous

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2