GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 gti=sti

snowracer21

Ok, this is my first post but i swear i am not bs'ing you guys. i ran my friend in his sti on 2 differnt days and a tottal of 3 times

they were all 30mph rolls up to about 100 and we were dead even the entire time. :clap:

He is also modded...intake and turbo back exhaust. He should be reciving his cobb stage 2 tuning very soon, then he should beat me.

I am apr stage 1 and 6spd manual.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I don't doubt you. I have the APR93 demo on mine right now and it is a different beast. Good deal man. It's noticeably quicker when I really bang the gears too.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Hmmm.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I believe that his story is true... however, I am 100% sure that anytime I try to do this with an STI I'll get my ass kicked. I mean, I did this with an RX8 and won... but not by 8 cars, so I can't imagine an STI wouldn't walk all over me =/

I'm stock, but does a chip make THAT much of a difference? Oh well, must have been fun!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Seems odd to me that a Stock STI that runs 0-60 in 4.5 and a VW GTI at best would run 6.3. Roll or not, something is a miss here.:iono:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
you can always figure out who will win from a roll by knowing the other persons trapspeed compared to yours.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
not only that but there's an enormous power loss from an awd system from a roll. either way you could take a noob in a fast car and a great driver ina slower car and see a wide variety of results. i used to beat E36 BMW M3's on high boost in the speed (only 10 psi with light supporting mods) because i'm a very skilled driver and knew my car extremely well.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
rememer that it'z hard 2 launch those cars w/out bogging, but anyway, from a dead stop it woulda been over, but on a roll, we hang...if a person doesn't kno how 2 launch those AWD beasts, a chip is all we need keep up.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I don't know what your chip upgrade adds, but if you are even with an STi with upgrades, you probably would run a 13.0-13.2 1/4 mile?

That is impressive.

Seems odd to me that a Stock STI that runs 0-60 in 4.5 and a VW GTI at best would run 6.3. Roll or not, something is a miss here.:iono:

Just remember guys... this is from a roll. AWD does nothing for you from a roll. It's the same reason a chipped GTI can easily take a stock R32 on the highway but from a stop the R32 wins. AWD is all in the launch and track handling. Once you're already moving it's just extra weight/resistance.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Just remember guys... this is from a roll. AWD does nothing for you from a roll. It's the same reason a chipped GTI can easily take a stock R32 on the highway but from a stop the R32 wins. AWD is all in the launch and track handling. Once you're already moving it's just extra weight/resistance.

say that to my friend with a GT35 lol.

snowracer21

ehh you guys say an sti can run 4.5 0-60? it seems that number gets lower and lower...actually in all mags its anywheres from 4.7 to 5.2..that ive read.

and that is on a track with a professional driver. Ive owned a wrx and it is hard to launch..and scary! you dont want to blow your clutch or tranny apart!
A novice driver with a sti will probly net a 5.5 0-60 if not higher.

he would deff take me from a dig, as its tough to get 250hp to teh ground in fwd. But from a roll its much differnt as my 250 hp is powering 2 wheels were as an sti's 300 hp is powering 4 wheels.

if you chipped guys are afraid to run stock or near stock evo's and stis from a roll..you will be surprised! as was I!