GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ME vs. 7 MINI COOPER S

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Today i got together with a bunch of friends from my old club, they were kind enough to invite me for a Hill Country canyon carving, those little bastards are perfect fit for those twisties, and I owned one previously modded like a space shuttle, so i knew what a Mini Cooper can do as far as handling is concerned. Before the rainbow racer a.k.a Freek and his clan starts flaming me, there was no racing involved, friendly, respectful. A little spirited driving and the bottom line is after my suspension mods, my GTI handles as good as any Mini Cooper, including the modded ones, if not any better. Good to know

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Rainbow Racer lmao.

But no, that sounds like a perfectly harmless afternoon. Wish Memphis had better car clubs than just ricer ones. :/

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
listen bro...it was funny for the first couple times...now its just disrespectful

ive apologized for my outburst...i figured everyone was over....but obviously u still have alittle resentment towards it all

also i dont have any clan...im just in a like-minded group of people that dont feel street racing is bad...now do me a favor and stop with the BS

even if its all in good fun...its really not funny anymore

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
scuderiavw said:
ok, that was the reaction i was expecting, sorry to insult you, now back to subject, did you read the article, or are you still caught up at the rainbow part

got to say I have trouble differentiating between multiple cars driving spiritedly and street racing, apart from one has a winner and the other the cars are just driving recklessly with no winner...

Sorry mate but your being hypocritical now...

glad you had fun though

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
naw was never hung up...just wanted to get my point out before it went any further

as for your run...thats cool bro....everyone keeps telling me how similar the mini is to the gti as far as handling goes

hope u all had fun and no one fell off the road down the canyon

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I regularly drive a MINI Cooper S and GTI (MCS is my fiancee's) and, I have to admit, the MCS has a very slight edge on the GTI in the handling department. It just seems to stick more to the road and, because the GTI's US-spec ride height is ridiculously high, you feel less body roll with the MINI's lower center of gravity.

The MINI is just more go-cart like. The GTI is a bit more practical but that's not to say it doesn't have amazing handling capabilities. I couldn't say which car I'd prefer. I don't mind driving either :biggrin:

Not a great pic of our cars - shitty camera phone, shittier weather

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Vivid said:
got to say I have trouble differentiating between multiple cars driving spiritedly and street racing, apart from one has a winner and the other the cars are just driving recklessly with no winner...

Sorry mate but your being hypocritical now...

glad you had fun though

valid point, it was no racing after all, you gotta understand, i will not post anything practicing street racing, in any terms. I knew this was gonna happen:wink:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
scuderiavw said:
valid point, it was no racing after all, you gotta understand, i will not post anything practicing street racing, in any terms. I knew this was gonna happen:wink:

It's like that one guy from the Gumball 3000 said: it's not a race, it's a rally

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
scuderiavw said:
if we ever meet up, we gotta hit up lime creek rd. in austin.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
It's like that one guy from the Gumball 3000 said: it's not a race, it's a rally

shit u cant get anymore "street racey" than the gumball...if anything from the videos ive watched that thing is more dangerous than a normal street race...atleast most normal street races dont last for 10 miles and dont reach speeds of like 150

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
and have cars totalling several hundered million $

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
not to mention million dollar cars breaking down in such a short distance *cough L.A. to Vegas Koenigsegg*