GOLFMKV

Luxury Car Resale Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Totally respect your decision to not share your builds, but I think that it's a real shame AP. Your builds are some of the most exciting, unique and dedicated builds in Australia, and in my opinion they are of international caliber too.

I'm 100% sure you would get more positive feedback than negative if you were to share your builds with the world.

I also think the potential to inspire people with your builds far outweighs the negative.

My builds will be posted by CPC in there section on vwgolf.net:thumbsup: But we are still waiting for the Scirocco R.:iono:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
That's BS - it's all in how you approach people.

I'm more a fan of the Karma concept... particularly if you're overtly boastful and continually trying to push your own shit. It doesn't satisfy me to see people fail... that'd be bad karma. It is interesting to see their reactions as their own actions catch up with them, though.

1. So you think the Tall Poppy Syndrome doesn't exist in Australia?

2. Are you suggesting that AP was boastful in the way he posted his builds? Hence, that is why he was attacked as a result of that?

I would have thought that the problem lay with the person/s attacking him instead of how he presented his builds.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
This discussion prompted me to do a search on the subject of the Tall Poppy Syndrome and this article came up which I think has very helpful tips on how to handle being on the receiving end of it.

http://annemariecross.com/victim-of-the-tall-poppy-syndrome-what-to-do-when-things-get-nasty

Very interesting read there Shannon.:thumbsup: I can defiantly relate to a lot of these topics discussed.
Thank you mate.:thumbsup:

1. Don’t stoop to their level

I think the most important thing to do is to avoid retaliation where you come out fighting and throwing negative comments back at them.

Stooping to their level and ‘serving them up a spoonful of their own medicine’ will only serve to take your attention, energy and focus away from what you SHOULD be focusing on – which is to continue the great work that you’re doing.

Action Step: Don’t get caught up in anger, frustration or retaliation – you’re worth so much more! Rather let your light shine brightly and continue to bring your message to the world, so that you can carry on helping the people who you know you are meant to serve.

2. Realise – it’s NOT about you

It’s important to realise that their remarks have nothing to do with you and the work you are doing, but rather EVERYTHING to do with them and their inability to achieve their own successes.

It’s THEIR stuff – their own issues and lack of self-worth and/or self-belief – and has nothing to do with you!

Action Step: Remind yourself of your mission and purpose and the people you are here to serve. Listening to the naysayers and critics will only delay you from achieving your bigger mission. Move on.

And, most important of all, is to:

3. Surround yourself with supportive people

Do you feel physically and emotionally drained after being in someone’s company where you have listened to their negative remarks? Being in the company of these naysayers and critics WILL impact your outcomes.

Are the people you associate with constantly telling you why something can’t be done, or why your plans are impossible to achieve? Perhaps that’s true for them. However are you going to let this person’s inability to reach their goals affect your ability to reach yours? I certainly hope not!

Action Step: Surround yourself with supportive people – people who will continue to encourage you to be the best you can be and who will celebrate alongside you as you continue to move from success to success.

The important thing to remember is to hold true to who you are and the work you do; keep your eyes firmly fixed on your goals; and to build a community of like-minded people who will continue to inspire and uplift you on your journey.

Did you find this article helpful? Have you been a victim of the tall poppy syndrome? What did you do? Share your stories/comments. It’s always great to hear from you!

To your business success!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
1. So you think the Tall Poppy Syndrome doesn't exist in Australia?
I'm saying you get out what you put in and that i've never found an issue created by another person in isolation. I have found many prejudice and have foster some myself. I've found that if you take responsibility for your actions, the world around you responds.
2. Are you suggesting that AP was boastful in the way he posted his builds? Hence, that is why he was attacked as a result of that?
I don't know what's happened in other places, but judging by the childish antics that got dragged over here by yourself and some other users i think it has a fair bit to do with the mentality of some of those posting. It's very hard for people to discredit you without your own input.
I would have thought that the problem lay with the person/s attacking him instead of how he presented his builds.
It's very very hard to have a single person argument unless you're very very insane. Let them 'attack'... the way you react determines the outcome. Some times, it take a little bit of planning to get the outcome you want... but people have a tendency to show their own colours when they're 'attacking' as they obviously have something to lose/hide that you don't... or they wouldn't feel the need to attack.

Anyway... back on topic... If a dealer is selling a car you bought for $170k+ for $124k, then the person who's traded/sold the car would be doing well to get 100k for the same car. Is it just dealers having a double rape? And why has the price of lube gone up - it's not really petroleum based any more?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I'm saying you get out what you put in and that i've never found an issue created by another person in isolation. I have found many prejudice and have foster some myself. I've found that if you take responsibility for your actions, the world around you responds.

I don't know what's happened in other places, but judging by the childish antics that got dragged over here by yourself and some other users i think it has a fair bit to do with the mentality of some of those posting. It's very hard for people to discredit you without your own input.

It's very very hard to have a single person argument unless you're very very insane. Let them 'attack'... the way you react determines the outcome. Some times, it take a little bit of planning to get the outcome you want... but people have a tendency to show their own colours when they're 'attacking' as they obviously have something to lose/hide that you don't... or they wouldn't feel the need to attack.

Anyway... back on topic... If a dealer is selling a car you bought for $170k+ for $124k, then the person who's traded/sold the car would be doing well to get 100k for the same car. Is it just dealers having a double rape? And why has the price of lube gone up - it's not really petroleum based any more?

Is it not the case that you are also doing the same now by attacking someone albiet in a "veiled" manner/round about way and attempting to get a rise our of them because of what they have said about you?

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
And the wheel goes turning round and round, round and round, round and round... And the wheel...

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Is it not the case that you are also doing the same now by attacking someone albiet in a "veiled" manner/round about way and attempting to get a rise our of them because of what they have said about you?
As i said, it seems some people go on the attack because of their own issues:

triode12 said:
Why don't you hijack the upcoming drive and negotiate with g2S for sponsorship gifts behind our backs - (like you did almost a year ago with the last drive Rob32 organised) and make it a vwgolf.net.au affair (when a number of us voted against sponsorship) - so that you can impress Justin and get back into his good books. Or is your relationship with him irrevocably damaged?
For the love of sweet baby Jesus can you please drop this crap and grow up? This is the second thread in a week you're trolling. If you don't like or agree with the content - don't participate in the discussion. Now take some of your own advice and stop hijacking the thread. Thread is about resale value of Luxury cars, not Triodes person needs to feel like a tall poppy or be vindicated.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
As i said, it seems some people go on the attack because of their own issues:

For the love of sweet baby Jesus can you please drop this crap and grow up? This is the second thread in a week you're trolling. If you don't like or agree with the content - don't participate in the discussion. Now take some of your own advice and stop hijacking the thread. Thread is about resale value of Luxury cars, not Triodes person needs to feel like a tall poppy or be vindicated.

Good move...take a post from an unrelated thread and post it here to justify your point - a thread started as a veiled attack on someone else.
And I am branded childish?

Sorry but I am not as well off as you are to afford a TTRS ($130K) - a "hairdressers" car if there ever was one (an expensive and fast one no doubt) - apparently one that requires the skill of a race car driver to manage without coming to grief.

While I am only able to afford the humble and far less capable VW GTI ($49K) on my meagre salary. How are my tall poppy cutting skills so far? :wink:

Last edited:

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Good move...take a post from an unrelated thread and post it here to justify your point - a thread started as a veiled attack on someone else.
And I am branded childish?

Sorry but I am not as well off as you are to afford a TTRS ($130K) - a "hairdressers" car if there ever was one (an expensive and fast one no doubt) - apparently one that requires the skill of a race car driver to manage without coming to grief.

While I am only able to afford the humble and far less capable VW GTI ($49K) on my meagre salary. How are my tall poppy cutting skills so far? :wink:

I think the most important thing to do is to avoid retaliation where you come out fighting and throwing negative comments back at them.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.