GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowered GTIs

Androo

lolwut... ??
I've searched the forum and unable to find an answer. Might of missed something tho...

I've bought some H&R Sport springs (red) and H&R claim it will lower the car by 30mm, anyone with H&R springs confirm this? with stock rims, does it sit too low?

Or even anyone with a car lowered by 30mm, do you have any trouble being "low"? scrap a lot or have trouble entering driveways?

Any pictures would be great!

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
30mm sounds pretty low...you sure its not the race springs which is also red.. they lower it by about 30mm...

i have the H&R springs on.... and if u have a full car.. it can tend to scrape... but other wise liveable

Androo

lolwut... ??
I didn't buy them from this place but they have the same model numbers... H&R Springs

you do have a R32 though, and they sit lower than a GTI as is.

H&R R32 springs lower it up 20-25mm.. but isn't the R32 already 15mm lower than the GTI?

Androo

lolwut... ??
They seem like 18" rims? nice height for the jetty though, nice car

17" will sit a bit lower... hmm

Byza

Haters unite!!!
mate i am on H&R super sports and that about a 30mm drop but the 06's sit higher than an 08... the sports springs i believe are only about 15-20mm... i dont scrape unless it a crazy speed hump and its only the 2 pieces which hang down that scrape infront of the rear wheels... if the car is full, then speed humps etc can be a challange..

Androo

lolwut... ??
Hmm, so how can you tell if its Super sport or just sport?

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
They seem like 18" rims? nice height for the jetty though, nice car

17" will sit a bit lower... hmm

Err no ...

Overall tyre diam still the same. Diff aspct ratio...

ie: Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
225/40-18 3.5in 12.5in 25.1in 78.8in 804 0.0%
225/45-17 4.0in 12.5in 25.0in 78.5in 808 -0.5%

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Bazzle

Androo

lolwut... ??
ah ok, cool... looks like a nice height, i don't normally carry a full car load of people though once every blue moon.

I guess with standard rims i don't have to worry about rubbing the tyres?

Scotty1991

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW Golf Pacific
Only at full lock i believe

isaw

Banned
H&R sports, Eibach Prokits. or coilovers

Check redline-motorworks.com andrew is pretty awesome and there is a few Shocks/springs kits that suit. its got details on how low they go too.. if you can wait a few weeks I'll have some before/after pics from stock to koni FSD's/Eibach prokit springs

Androo

lolwut... ??