GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to upgrade my stock sound system.

lleedy

Car(s)
2017 mk7 GTI Sport
Hey guys I’m working on doing a complete overhaul on my sound system. The goal was under $500 all in (I got the sub for free).

Current plan is use a harness extension to run high power signal to my dsp/loc. I have it mostly mocked up (pwr dist, comes tomorrow).

I would love to use my stock speaker wiring for all 4 speakers, but do I need to pull the high power signal from somewhere else. Or how do I run the input out from my 4 channel while pulling signal in from the same harness?

Also what’s everyone’s opinion on using a cap, I have a 140a altenator and will by no means be using the full power from either amp, 120a sine max. Try not to clown on my system too hard, this is my first system outside of a headunit and sub.

I have the pin out and that’s what the systems looking like as of now. Should I pull signal from the front and just run new wire to the new component speakers? Also not sure on the exact ohm/rms of the sub yet. But i know its a 10” RF Punch so I know its either 2/4 ohm and 500rms.

Oh and i know the dsp has fade/balance so ik I’ll still have that functionality, but I was unsure if I’d need to run a monitor for volume control or will doing it this way still use my stock headunit volume?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5412.jpeg
    IMG_5412.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5411.jpeg
    IMG_5411.jpeg
    806.8 KB · Views: 25