GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
It's just stupidly unnecessary. :frown:
Yea I was thinking of building a desktop PC like that, but I'm not a big PC nut.. Just need something to run smoothly to play music, vids, etc... Not to mention that it's a lot more convenient to have a laptop nowadays... I can't go back to a dekstop PC after having a laptop...

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI

Nice and simple, I like

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
^ What kind of headphones are those? They look like a weird cross breed between AKG and BeyerDynamics.

Nice mouse btw, I have one too! Absolutely love it.

Yea I was thinking of building a desktop PC like that, but I'm not a big PC nut.. Just need something to run smoothly to play music, vids, etc... Not to mention that it's a lot more convenient to have a laptop nowadays... I can't go back to a dekstop PC after having a laptop...

Yeah, I know a lot of people who completely ditched the whole desktop scene. I can't. I just love desktops.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Yea it'd be nice to have a sweet desktop with a 22" or more LCD... I had a 22" LG LCD for my craptastic old PC, but then I sold it for nearly the price I paid for it when I got the laptop... Too bad the resolution on this laptop sucks compared to that LCD... Oh well..

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Yea it'd be nice to have a sweet desktop with a 22" or more LCD... I had a 22" LG LCD for my craptastic old PC, but then I sold it for nearly the price I paid for it when I got the laptop... Too bad the resolution on this laptop sucks compared to that LCD... Oh well..

I'll probably never own another desktop again unless i somehow get the money for a Mac Pro. I used to have a 23" Apple Cinema Display, but I sold it in anticipation of Apple releasing new displays.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Yea... I like the Desktop PC's like Sony's where the display has the PC built in, and it doubles as a HDTV... Only problem is that they're really expensive for a small display and mediocre PC specs...

I dunno... I read an article a while ago saying that desktops are practically dead now, and I have to admit, thats the way it's lookin lately... I doubt desktops will ever be obsolete, but now laptops are in much higher demand..

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Yea... I like the Desktop PC's like Sony's where the display has the PC built in, and it doubles as a HDTV... Only problem is that they're really expensive for a small display and mediocre PC specs...

I dunno... I read an article a while ago saying that desktops are practically dead now, and I have to admit, thats the way it's lookin lately... I doubt desktops will ever be obsolete, but now laptops are in much higher demand..

Components will eventually be very small and use very little power so they can be packed into a small form factor. Take a look at the storage mediums for instance, everything is going to be flash based soon.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Yea... not to mention that discs will soon be obsolete. There's rumors going around that the next Xbox's and Playstation's won't need a disc and everything will be downloadable on to a massive hard drive... I'd rather just use bigger SD cards instead of CD's... but what do I know right? :bellyroll:

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Yea... not to mention that discs will soon be obsolete. There's rumors going around that the next Xbox's and Playstation's won't need a disc and everything will be downloadable on to a massive hard drive... I'd rather just use bigger SD cards instead of CD's... but what do I know right? :bellyroll:

I also heard rumor of everyone having an "online drive" where you would just log in and have all of your information. I guess this would be kind of similar to remote PC, but not quite.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
What do you guys think of that new HP touchscreen PC? Looks kinda interesting. I'm surprised Apple hasnt made one like that yet, considering their touchscreen software seems to be just about the best out there.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Mine is similar to wiretaps main rig, minus the massess of harddrive, and watercooling and the processor, not actually very alike now that i think about it! :lol:

8800GTX
6600@3.0
Tagan - can't remember, maybe a 800-900
680i nvidia SLI Mobo

was the shiznit nearly 2 years ago when i got it!
running air, fans set at half speed theres 4 external fans on the tower (one being 200mil) well it's an antec 900 if anyone knows what that is and it has a rather large thermaltake chip cooler, pretty cool!

no real need for an upgrade at the moment, possibly just another 2gb of ram to liven things up a bit, not found a game yet that it can't run at full settings flawlessly....

i think GTI_SS from the AU section wins though, his system is insane! (like 1TB plus, 16gb ram, quad, the lot... haha)

anyway, heres a coupla pics

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
What do you guys think of that new HP touchscreen PC? Looks kinda interesting. I'm surprised Apple hasnt made one like that yet, considering their touchscreen software seems to be just about the best out there.

I played around with one at Sams Club and I guess it's neat... But I seriously cannot sit there and browse the internet by doing finger painting on a 22" screen. I liked the actual hardware of it, but get rid of the touch screen gimmick and lower the price, then I'd be interested...

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker

yah im pretty impressed too, considering im a huge applehead. and from what i remember it wasnt so pricy, comparing it to how much a mac costs