GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lenso Rims

Androo

lolwut... ??
Does anyone here have any experience with Lenso Rims? What's the quality like? I'm just wondering if i should save up more $$ and waste money on new BBS rims $1000 a rim :paddle:

Lenso Type-M The brand might not be as good as BBS, Enkei or O.Z Racing, but they sure do have some nice designs.

Then again you do get what you pay for.

Androo

lolwut... ??
Tempe Tip Tyres.. dodgy but perhaps the Lenso's may be ok.. i was at one stage looking at them too

haha, yeah i'm not to keen on the tyres that come with them.

Im either looking at 17x7.5 ET50 or 18.8 ET45... obviously the 18s will look better, would i regret going to 17s ?

SleekY

Ready to race!
haha, yeah i'm not to keen on the tyres that come with them.

Im either looking at 17x7.5 ET50 or 18.8 ET45... obviously the 18s will look better, would i regret going to 17s ?

oh i wouldn't want the tyres either.. buy rubber elsewhere!

i'd say go for 18's.. fill that gap if you arn't lowered.. but also when u decide to lower will make it look perfect!

edit: btw i don't think the stud pattern on the Lenso's are good for our cars?

Blackened insides! i should trade my stockers in! http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=1607

Last edited:

Vagabond

Great Teutonic Invention
Car(s)
2009 S3 Sportback

Androo

lolwut... ??
Ah, yeah see that's why i'm asking.

The thing is, i can't justify paying $1000 a rim then another $1500 for tyres, $5500?

I spoke to a mate, he had some Lenso's on his WRX, he said they were ok but nothing compared to the japanese light weight rims he has now... brand is "work" or something.

but $1000 FOR A RIM!??!?!@*#&(*&@#

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Nothing great about Lenso, but doubt they'd fall apart on you or anything.

These wheels you are looking at have already been done by a few members here, have a search through the wheels / tires / suspension / brakes section. And just so you know, the wheels won't look anywhere near as aggressive as those in the pic because they are a very low offset. The Golf ones have a much flatter face.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
I thought Lenso's were cool? I was sure a lot of the drift cars used to have them.

Frenchie

Icecream Maker
save some more and buy some quality wheels..not a fan of Lenso

How bout BBS RR if they make'em in our fitment. very nice

or you can buy my Works VS-XX:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1218532209_BBs%20RR.jpg
    1218532209_BBs%20RR.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 14,104
Last edited:

Deco

Ready to race!
Mate for around the same cash for Lensos, I would get sum nice Enkeis...excellent Jap rim.
http://www.enkei.com/

I wouldn't pay the price for oz racing or bbs...although they are great rims.

I know a few guys who have had Lensos, no problems.

yarngti

Passed Driver's Ed
I had maglite lenso's for a number of years for my old car, 15x7 4x100 and never had any dramas with them. Actually I bought them because they were lightweight (<5.5kgs) and were cheap (compared to well known jap brands). So I did the old lightness vs cheapness ratio to work out my wheels.

Lenso's are made in indonesia and I think they may also be called axis in other countries...could be wrong:iono:

I would have no problems getting another set if I could find a pattern I like that fits 5x112, 18x8 et45+.

I still have my eye on those black superturismos 17's that were being advertised on here a while back....come on k-rud.

Good Luck