GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Layering LSPs, your opinions

walangij

D1 2010!
Anyone have experience layering LSPs? From my past experience, the durability of it seemed to increase, but the ease of wash degraded as the top layer degraded, making it more of a hassle. Winter 2007 I used

Z5 x2
845 IW x1
476s x1
845 IW x1
Pinnacle Souveran x1

and when the PS degraded after 2 weeks, so did the beading until I did an IPA wipedown to remove that layer. It added a little depth but totally not worth the hassle IMO. What about you guys? I'm probably sticking to just x2 DG 105 followed by AW after periodic washing. Which is what I've done the past 2 years with pretty good results. Maybe add 845 IW mid-winter.

spookertunes

Ready to race!
Given that you already have the Collinite waxes, I'd stick with them.

Maybe a base coat of 476 followed by a coat or two of the 845.

From eveything I've read, that should last through the harshest of winters.

I personally have a couple coats of BFWD topped with a coat of FK1000P.
I'm set for winter in n.e.ohio:fighting0030:

jesselyons2002

You unzip my pants player
Car(s)
09 VW rabbit
Three coat of 476 is what i do. it that only one I used that actually last longer then any other wax I used. But first properly prep the surface before you apply. Also 476 is a bitch to remove.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
You really dont need all of that.

2-3 coats of either of those Collinite will serve you well, though 476 is the most durable.

BTW by Pinnacle Souveran, arent you talking about the carnauba wax? Why would you use that in the winter lol

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
2 coats of the super double coat is plenty to get you through the winter. You don't need all that other stuff.