GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW Variant 3 Settings

97C280

Stage 2
Hey, I'm looking into a set of V3's and I have a few questions:

1. What is the lowest the V3's can go? (I'm not trying to go like FK/B&G low, just enough to close the wheel gap and tuck maybe .25"-.50" of tire)

2. What settings are people using for a DD/Street/Spirited driving? Maybe something that can be used on the track too.

3. Are they really stiff? I've rode on V2's and they felt pretty nice but knowning V3's are track style suspension is there a big difference?

4. Will the DSG model work with a 6MT fine? Something about stiffer springs due to weight isssues.

5. Post pics!

Can someone show me a pic of their rears with the perch and collar in (spun all the way down, lowest it'll go), and if anyone is running these without the collar. And also the front, where your collar is sitting/stance of the front end.

Last edited:

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
Hey, I'm looking into a set of V3's and I have a few questions:

1. What is the lowest the V3's can go? (I'm not trying to go like FK/B&G low, just enough to close the wheel gap and tuck maybe .25"-.50" of tire)

2. What settings are people using for a DD/Street/Spirited driving? Maybe something that can be used on the track too.

3. Are they really stiff? I've rode on V2's and they felt pretty nice but knowning V3's are track style suspension is there a big difference?

4. Will the DSG model work with a 6MT fine? Something about stiffer springs due to weight isssues.

5. Post pics!

1. Lower than you'd actually want to drive you car
2. Start with the recomended factory settings (in the manual) and adjust from there.
3. Depends on the settings. Behive springs will play nice with most larger bumps. I believe the springs will be similar to the V2s.
4. DSG should have slightly heavier springs than the 6MT but that shouldn't affect anything.
5. I only have pics of V2s

OEM:

OEM Wheels / Tires on V2s:

Current Setup (see sig):

97C280

Stage 2
Hmm.. sounds good. Now, only if the guy with the V3 replies...

97C280

Stage 2
Just picked up the V3s.

Does anyone recommend changing the strut mounts etc?

97C280

Stage 2
Can someone show me a pic of their rears with the perch and collar in (spun all the way down, lowest it'll go), and if anyone is running these without the collar. And also the front, where your collar is sitting/stance of the front end.