GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni suspension

x2001234

one Golf GTI owner
Car(s)
Golf GTi....
hey guys,

I've been looking for Koni discussion here for a while but I didn't see much info about it, cuz most of them are Belstine's (I want PSS09 too but .... $$$) lol

anyway, I heard from my mate said Koni shock + H&R springs are awsome combination.

However .... my question is .... which shock + which springs are the best?
Koni Sport or Koni Sport Short? and which spring will be the best?

Luxi4

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
i run a koni and h&r set up.. im quite happy with it..works well for my purpose and gives the car the every day driveability i need and also works well for me on track...

x2001234

one Golf GTI owner
Car(s)
Golf GTi....
i run a koni and h&r set up.. im quite happy with it..works well for my purpose and gives the car the every day driveability i need and also works well for me on track...

sounds good. I saw ur shocks & springs from ur sign, but how much are they cost?

ivanlo_0120

Ready to race!
im running koni coilover ,it is not as good as the koni and h&r...however
Pss10 is alot better..and u should save money and go for it 2.....

x2001234

one Golf GTI owner
Car(s)
Golf GTi....

LOL~I think Belstine might be the best for Gti but ... ya ... I'm not so into race or something but just wana have the looks and performance for daily drive. lol

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
the whole set up probably cost about the same as a bilstein coil over set up (800 for h&r and 1400 for Koni Shocks + install I think from memory)..... the reason i went for the koni h&r set up is i needed a set up that has some street compromise for my baby and wife..but is more useable than the OEM set up on track.....

if i had a choice i would go for the full coil over set up to get optimum handling for tracks... but family duties call :)

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
I'm not so into race or something but just wana have the looks and performance for daily drive. lol

If that's the case just consider Koni FSDs plus Neuspeed Sport springs. I have this setup & whilst it fades at the limits of driving (compared with coilovers), in 99% of situations it's brilliant. Better around town & great for the majority of 'spirited' driving. Probably cheaper too. Eibach springs have about 5% more stiffness. Not sure with H&R springs. There have been reviews from over a year ago when WhiteJames did a comparison between my car & his setup at the time (FSDs/Eibach springs) prior to him getting the KW V3s. Do a search. Ian @ Rennenhaus can supply FSDs & Neuspeed FYI.

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
If that's the case just consider Koni FSDs plus Neuspeed Sport springs. I have this setup & whilst it fades at the limits of driving (compared with coilovers), in 99% of situations it's brilliant. Better around town & great for the majority of 'spirited' driving. Probably cheaper too. Eibach springs have about 5% more stiffness. Not sure with H&R springs. There have been reviews from over a year ago when WhiteJames did a comparison between my car & his setup at the time (FSDs/Eibach springs) prior to him getting the KW V3s. Do a search. Ian @ Rennenhaus can supply FSDs & Neuspeed FYI.

i can vouch for yousnooze's opinion of his suspension setup. had a drive of his car some time back (thanks doug), and could immediately feel the difference compared to stock. felt like i could take the bends at much faster speeds than in my car.:biggrin:
i'm considering adopting doug's setup when my stock suspension starts to die.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion

pls give more info on why the koni coilover setup is not as good as a koni + H&R setup?
from what i read on the wheel/suspension forum, the koni coils are excellent for ride comfort and handling. thanks

x2001234

one Golf GTI owner
Car(s)
Golf GTi....

Thx mate, I'll keep that in mind. BTW, which Eibach spring were you saying? I mean any specific name?

^_^

isaw

Banned
Elibach Prokit springs and Koni FSD Shocks, I'm running them now and am very impressed, there is some extra 'bounce' in the car and over B roads they are a bit harder than OEM but the incease in hadeling cornering is well worth it.

http://www.redline-motorworks.com/product/2150.4001.1

andrew (Redline motor works) is a member on here and was great to deal with when i got my gear last month

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
would konis give a more comfortable ride than stock shocks (on prokits)?

from what i've heard, the koni's are better over bumpy roads, and from my brief drive in yousnooze's GTI, handles much better on winding roads.:thumbsup: