GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

knocking noise under car

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So I replaced the 2 sub frame bolts under the car that was recommended since I developed a knocking when changing directions. I used the bolts from ECS in their sub frame kit. I didn't use the complete kit because I couldn't get the damn spacers between the body and the sub frame. The knocking is still there so I wanted to see what your guys thoughts were on which bolts might need to be re torqued and if so where can I get the specs? It's not loud or heavy but is coming from under the front floor pan area.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
So I replaced the 2 sub frame bolts under the car that was recommended since I developed a knocking when changing directions. I used the bolts from ECS in their sub frame kit. I didn't use the complete kit because I couldn't get the damn spacers between the body and the sub frame.The knocking is still there so I wanted to see what your guys thoughts were on which bolts might need to be re torqued and if so where can I get the specs? It's not loud or heavy but is coming from under the front floor pan area.
Perhaps use the kit as it was designed to be used.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Any other thoughts since I did the same thing as VW recommends in the TSB. The knocking noise coming from under the car is not a heavy knock but a lighter tick/knock and doesn't happen all the time.